Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working ( SOLVED )

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working

Post by hayasidist »

could you check the layers panel -- does the image layer have a proper icon, or is that a "?" too? .... there was a problem (J 107), that seemed to be fixed, where a file imports into 13.5 - it showed a "lost/broken image" icon in the canvas but not on the layers panel - and the workaround at that time was, as Onionskin says, open and save the file in something else.
opeth

Post by opeth »

hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:08 am could you check the layers panel -- does the image layer have a proper icon, or is that a "?" too? .... there was a problem (J 107), that seemed to be fixed, where a file imports into 13.5 - it showed a "lost/broken image" icon in the canvas but not on the layers panel - and the workaround at that time was, as Onionskin says, open and save the file in something else.
comes with the proper icon and the filename is correct (There is always a question mark on the screen ) . I tried on photoshop and save the image. The problem still continues . But It works if I save jpegs in photoshop as psd and open them on moho 13.5 .
Moho 13 / 13.5 MacBook Pro 16'2 M1 Max 32gb.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

opeth wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am
hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:08 am could you check the layers panel -- does the image layer have a proper icon, or is that a "?" too? .... there was a problem (J 107), that seemed to be fixed, where a file imports into 13.5 - it showed a "lost/broken image" icon in the canvas but not on the layers panel - and the workaround at that time was, as Onionskin says, open and save the file in something else.
comes with the proper icon and the filename is correct (There is always a question mark on the screen ) . I tried on photoshop and save the image. The problem still continues . But It works if I save jpegs in photoshop as psd and open them on moho 13.5 .
Ok -- is it every file or every .jpg or just a "random" selection of image files that breaks in this way?

In any event, is it possible for you to upload or PM a file that does show Ok in layers but "broken" on the canvas?
opeth

Post by opeth »

hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:53 am
opeth wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am
Ok -- is it every file or every .jpg or just a "random" selection of image files that breaks in this way?

In any event, is it possible for you to upload or PM a file that does show Ok in layers but "broken" on the canvas?
I sent it as a private message, can you check it please ?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

to summarise what went on in PM-land ...

the bottom line on this is that the pathname to the target file is at the heart of the problem. so, e.g., if the translation of "desktop" in the Windows environment contains "non-English" letters (or the file is stored in a directory structure that includes non-English letters anywhere in the path??) then we get the behaviours observed and an otherwise perfectly valid image file won't import ... I'll log this as a bug.
opeth

Post by opeth »

hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm to summarise what went on in PM-land ...

the bottom line on this is that the pathname to the target file is at the heart of the problem. so, e.g., if the translation of "desktop" in the Windows environment contains "non-English" letters (or the file is stored in a directory structure that includes non-English letters anywhere in the path??) then we get the behaviours observed and an otherwise perfectly valid image file won't import ... I'll log this as a bug.

@hayasidist , @Greenlaw and @synthsin75 . Thank you very much for your interest, attention and patience to reach the solution. :D
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:53 am
I'm still thinking this is a path or filename issue. Can you post the paths and filenames of the project file and image file you're having trouble with? You need to show the exact text in use so we can see if there are any illegal characters Moho is having trouble with. The screencaps you posted so far are not very helpful since they illustrate only what you already described.
dead right Dennis! it was a pathname problem - J 162 raised and linked to this thread.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working ( SOLVED )

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for joining in guys! Your expertise is educational and always appreciated.
MuuSer

Post by MuuSer »

Hello.
I don't think, it's solved. Yes - we know a problem with "illegal" characters in file path, but it is not solved at all. I just yesterday upgraded from 12 to 13.5 and faced with that problem as in Estonian language there are lot of characters like ü, õ, ö, ä.

But what is very odd, is that when I in layer settings image tab by 'Set Source Image...' button take some image and get "?" mark instead of the image, then, when I press 'Reveal Source Image..-' button, it takes me exactly to that picture it can't display! :( If that is not odd, then what is?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

MuuSer wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 am Hello.
I don't think, it's solved. Yes - we know a problem with "illegal" characters in file path, but it is not solved at all. I just yesterday upgraded from 12 to 13.5 and faced with that problem as in Estonian language there are lot of characters like ü, õ, ö, ä.

But what is very odd, is that when I in layer settings image tab by 'Set Source Image...' button take some image and get "?" mark instead of the image, then, when I press 'Reveal Source Image..-' button, it takes me exactly to that picture it can't display! :( If that is not odd, then what is?
yeah - it's not globally "solved" -- the OP has a workaround and the issue is understood and reported..
inmatez

Post by inmatez »

You can still run it anyway, I tried a few minutes ago. Especially it works with when you are using an image with no background, no errors encountered at all. There are a lot of websites where you can download this kind of images, but most of the times you will have to pay. I am using this website https://clipartcycle.com which is completely free and you can use all the images which you can find there, and you will find thousand of images there.