OPERE DESTITUTORUM

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

OPERE DESTITUTORUM

Post by zoesan »

This is my latest work...presenting it to professionals and enthusiasts alike.

https://youtu.be/qRGRvPOQ1kA

Just realised I could have just altered the link here! instead of posting yet another clip under the title : I am OPERE DESTITUTORUM.
Would have deleted this post although, but it appears you can't.!

Is it the story or technique that matters? Likely both...for the present, I tend to lean to the story That's my place in the field of animation with Moho. Which for my current needs delivers, even if I don't rise to professionalism yet...but then...Have also to admit to the time it all takes. To assemble, edit, re-edit, re-assemble, import, export, render and admin...you get the picture.

Once again I'm up for comments...bowed, but not beaten.
Last edited by zoesan on Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zoesan

Re: OPERE DESTITUTORUM

Post by zoesan »

I'd like to apologise for the last post. Occasionally I get melancholy and that post was one of em. I've contacted two close friends and came to conclusion that there were 'undertones of begging' in the clip and so have re-done the principle character and will be posting the finished outcome shortly. In amongst the drivel posted, I mentioned 'the time taken to work things out etc' I'd like to say, that it's not work...it's pleasure and I didn't mention that I gaining speed by learning the shortcut keys!

will be tweaking animation and trying to sort out the final output .mov

Last edited by zoesan on Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

zoesan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:47 pm I'd like to apologise for the last post.
Don't apologise. It had a message. There are beggars. There are homeless people. There are the destitute. Faceless shadows walk by and ignore them. There was symbolism in the artwork. Some of Van Gogh's most thought-provoking pieces came when he was down. Again: don't apologise for something that came from your heart.

===

I love the concept of Zeus looking for work. His first job might be to put the temple pillars more upright??? (or change the perspective of the character and his placard to match the low POV of the temple?) :P

Story: Why is he looking for work? Who passes by? What is the outcome? It needn't be wordy: Ernest Hemmingway famously (apocryphally?) did it all in 6 words: "For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn."
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Using 'employ' twice in the same sentence makes the pedant in me...uncomfortable. What about "Sidelined Greek god seeks employment"?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Thanks both of you. It's trying times. Yes, it was from the heart.
Hayasidist, this doesn't answer you question completely as to why Zeus is 'out of work.' It falls somewhere in the Douglas Adams school of writing. 'Thor' in Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency.
Jahnochi, I agree and have changed the employed twice now with 'out of work.'
I'll start a new post in the 'Share your work' section. The final output, should now be 720p. Took some working out with YouTube, which was streaming the work at 360p.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

All these really need to be one thread. There's no need for so many threads on the same thing.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

I agree Synthsin75. It all went a bit wrong. Somehow I got two postings going. Then made the error of not just changing link in original post, thinking the title instead of the link was of importance.