I was thinking to animate banking exam guides

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kumarsanu

I was thinking to animate banking exam guides

Post by kumarsanu »

Hi i'm teacher in Prasads Academy. The academy teaches stuff related to pass banking job exam in india. I want to make animation of our course so people can understand properly. The example text that we teach is below and i want ideas how can we teach this stuff in animation.

Role of IBPS PO

After selection as Probationary Officer, candidates are placed in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
They need to undergo a probation period of 1 year.
During this probation period, candidates undergo various training in order to learn practical aspects of banking.
The role of a PO is a multitasking job, it includes customer service, Supervision of Clerical work, loan processing etc
Daxel

Re: I was thinking to animate banking exam guides

Post by Daxel »

You want to teach the entire course through animation? that seems like a lot of work even for the simplest animation styles.

You can find some examples on youtube channels that teach through voice over simple animations like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zwi3XXLci8

Mostly relying on camera work and animating layer translation, escale etc of simple still drawings to make them more dynamic.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I've done some eLearning work in the past, and the first question I have to ask is -- are you doing this on your own? If you are, you are obviously going to need many different skills. If you can draw, animate, use a video editor, write educational learning materials and organise curricula then you have a head start! As you may imagine, parcelling up your time to tackle all these tasks is going to overwhelm you if you are not careful. Call on outside help if you can. My advice is start small, and shadow an expert on how they solve a few simple problems. Break this down into manageable chunks. Ask yourself at each stage: "How can I demonstrate this learning point?" Do you have any educational experience? If not, this is going to be a tough call for you. Good luck.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

First thing to decide would be: is an animated video the best way to teach this?

The 4 example sentences don't ask for that, a powerpoint presentation would be enough. Just a character standing there, and the core information as short tesxt - that's it.

I can imagine that later there are processes to be described: do this, put it here, send it there, and the like. That would be a good choice for being animated because you can show something really moving from place to place. Concentrate on these, and cover the remaining time with some choice illustrations.

One thing to be aware of: if you do a presentation you can always stop and wait for those who need tiome to read and understand or ask questions. An animated video will just run through, so you need to time it carefully. Maybe a sequence of short segments is better.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

My full time gig is in the eLearning field. Most of the time, organizations want this sort of training to be trackable by an LMS, in which case you might be better off looking into eLearning authoring software, like Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate. Of course, you could still create an animated standalone version of your training, but the previously mentioned programs have a lot of the standard eLearning functionality built in.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Is the animated output intended for your YT channel? IOW not for e-learning or direct support to a tutor - but as "awareness" for (prospective?) students? More like edutainment?