When will we see Moho 14?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: When will we see Moho 14?

Post by chucky »

Change the thumbnail view to large and you get your wish.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Thanks. All that happened was I got a giant Moho logo instead of a small Moho logo.
I probably should've mentioned that I'm on a Mac.
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

I'd like Moho to be able to give me more time in the day.

MacOS users (maybe others) are used to OS upgrades that go something like: big feature upgrade, stability upgrade, feature upgrade, stability upgrade.... every other one is about tightening up and fixing things. Perhaps this could be a way to approach Moho upgrades?

Drawing tool improvements are at the top of the list for me.
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I would like to have more text animation options like Mister Horse's After Effects plugin Animation Composer. I have to do all typographic animations on After Effects because of this. I would like to have an option to pause render etc. I think I have to make a list of changes I want but I am sure guys at Lost Marble will make us happy again.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Hoptoad wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:27 pm Thanks. All that happened was I got a giant Moho logo instead of a small Moho logo.
I probably should've mentioned that I'm on a Mac.
It doesn't work on my M1 macbook too. I can see thumbnails on my Windows pc only.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

cgrotke wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm I'd like Moho to be able to give me more time in the day.
+1 for this feature!!! :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:35 pm
cgrotke wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm I'd like Moho to be able to give me more time in the day.
I'm afraid the upgrade cost for that feature would be years off your life.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 pm
Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:35 pm
I'm afraid the upgrade cost for that feature would be years off your life.
If it could just make earth spin a little slower wouldn’t it just make years contain less (but longer) days 😇
meix

Post by meix »

Also, scripting API seems to be somewhat left behind. For example newer properties like "Layer Shading > Shading Threshold" and "Vector noise > Interval (frames)" seem not to be exposed.
This is quite disappointing to get almost everything done by the script and then just go through all the layers to set that one property by hand :).
PixelVector

Post by PixelVector »

I has almost been 1 year since 13.5 released! Does anyone think Moho Pro 14 will come out this year?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

PixelVector wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:28 pm I has almost been 1 year since 13.5 released! Does anyone think Moho Pro 14 will come out this year?
This suggests the development team has been working on Moho 14 since the release of Moho 13.5 a year ago when in fact the Moho 13.5.x cycle was completed only a couple of months ago. Assuming the team didn't take a well-earned break after completing Moho 13.5.2, development for Moho 14 is probably still in the early stages. Sure, we all know how awesome the Moho dev team is but even they may need little more time to create and test enough features worthy of a completely new version of Moho.

I'm going to say we won't even hear much about Moho 14 till maybe the end of the year? Of course my speculative opinion and a quarter will buy you 15 minutes on a parking meter down the street. 😸

We need to be patient. When Moho 14 arrives, I'm sure it's going to blow our socks off!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

With 13.5 basically being a major version release for Lost Marble, and LM only having one developer that I'm aware of, I wouldn't expect yearly new versions. But I agree that it will likely be worth the wait.
LeviEnton

Post by LeviEnton »

I do agree with almost everything here:
it should be MOHOs priority to perfect what has been already there. But, I do hope that we get some stuff that is long overdue in 14... Like proper 3d options, which was a feature from 13.0 i was so excited for and now very disappointed to not have in 13.5, since the toon strokes are basically useless without any way to change their size, brush and other things. Also, not being able to change where the light source is makes it incredible unreliable. I dont think i'm gonna pay for any upgrade until this feature is added, i've waited for this function since Anime Studio Pro 6.

Also, having Bitmap drawing and painting is definetly a good replacement for having a good freehand tool, but the idea is actually makes a lot of sense for moho, since it can render bitmap images pretty well, and if you want to quickly draw some detailed asset or overall have a more hand drawn look to your project having the ability to paint pixels in Moho would be really great if it runs well.

Anyways i'm always interested what direction the program is headed
arglborps

Post by arglborps »

All I want for Moho 14 is better stability and better performance for preview and final render.

Use GPU acceleration throughout the GUI (maybe Vulkan for windows and via MoltenVK metal 2 on macOS?).

Give me more options to optimize rendering speed in the viewport (full res, half res, quarter res, like in Apple Motion – don't forget: on a 4k monitor Moho tries to render the viewport preview in 2k, or 4k although the final output might only be 1080p).

And final rendering via GPU or combined CPU & GPU. Right now it's all pure CPU on the Mac, because GPU acceleration does zilch, nada, nothing on there.
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

General uknow

Post by General uknow »

We need lauer parenting , 360 turn rig system , convert layers to psd within moho..2d deformers..
Compositing system of its own with moho...
And pin bones thats can be manipulated not only by transform bone tool but by manipulate bones tool..
Also fix the Svg import to import multiple layers like Photoshop documents do...
We not trying or making moho look like Adobe animate, toon boom ...just need better tools you made a very great software
That can and will change animation if handled very well by meeting your buyers requests...
Create spline curve bones that can be applied to the bones...for better bending
Or think of better ways