Bezier not working

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

here2animate

Bezier not working

Post by here2animate »

Using the freehand tool I draw a simple shape. I then use the transform points tool to select a point on my shape. The the point turns red showing I presume that it is now live for editing yet when I select one of the handles nothing happens. The point on the handle remains red but when I click on it to manipulate it nothing happens. Here is a link to what I am experiencing.

Hoptoad

Re: Bezier not working

Post by Hoptoad »

I wish you would have included in your video the act of using the freehand tool, so I could have more information about the tool settings.

I opened a new file and drew a freehand shape like yours. I had no problems with the handles or anything.

Maybe the freehand tool placed more points than you can see, and they are super-close together? I've had that happen before; things can get wonky. Zoom in really close and check.

One solution I've had success with, when something like this happens, is I will add a point with the Add Point tool, then delete a nearby point that is wonky. New points are added, bad points get deleted, until everything is fine.
Franky1966

Post by Franky1966 »

These Transform Points tool doesn't work for me on curvehandles. I need to select the Curvature tool (shortcut C). But I'm on moho 12.5. Maybe you need to select the Curvature tool?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's clearly a weird behavior, but I'm not able to understand what is going on with the only video.
Could you share the Moho file to take a look?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
here2animate

Post by here2animate »

I tried to save and upon doing so crashed. I have restarted and will upload when the phenomenon occurs again. Thanks for trying.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, that is weird.

I saw something similar during beta testing but in that situation Moho got confused and displayed the handles but behaved like the handles were hidden so I couldn't select or manipulate them. After disabling/enabling Show Bezier Handles, they worked properly; closing and restarting Moho also fixed the issue when I saw it again. I believe this bug was fixed before release though.

What the video shows seems different because it's behaving that way for only some points, not all.

Anyway, curious to hear if the problem goes away after the restart. If not, try disabling/enabling Show Bezier Handles.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Freehand tool? I've had issues with multiple points / two points with two paths between them... so it's possible that the handles on point you're trying to move is actually two points on top of each other. If you still have the file / can recover it, zoom the workspace in on the "rogue" point, and see if you can identify two separate points.

Also, something weird is going on with the bottom left L-shaped corner. There have been a few problems with "first actions" misbehaving. Was drawing the shape the __very very first thing__ you did after starting Moho? And which was the first point drawn?