13.5.2 performance issue

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

13.5.2 performance issue

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

with update 13.5.2 and still moho is quite heavy and slow and buggy compared to any other possible software out there, i've dealt with lots of softwares and moho is the heaviest one among all :x :cry:
davoodice2

Re: 13.5.2 performance issue

Post by davoodice2 »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 pm with update 13.5.2 and still moho is quite heavy and slow and buggy compared to any other possible software out there, i've dealt with lots of softwares and moho is the heaviest one among all :x :cry:
yes right. but for now moho is best choice for me. it's a lot faster in rig and animate and it have more user friendly workflow
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Check for posts about performance and crashes, there are many advices and solutions and I don't have time to write them all.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

Daxel wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:55 pm Check for posts about performance and crashes, there are many advices and solutions and I don't have time to write them all.

i've tried most solutions, im talking about software overall snoothness like collapsing and uncollapsing layers , selecting main bone layer, sliding the timeline and much more, i'm using spine 2d software for a while for games but i'm doing a course on moho and the difference is crazy like sky and ground :roll:
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Yes it is true and should devote a whole version to optimization as well as improving the overall performance of the software. Otherwise it will soon lose its market and will be behind the caravan
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I totally agree. These are my thoughts:

Moho is still the choice of some animators and studios not because of its usability or performance but because we think it has the most eficient tools for animation. And the fact is that those are unique. Zero competence. I'm talking mostly about point interpolation and smartbones, that shine combined with the non-unique features like meshes, bones, switches, etc. Spine is heavily optimized and focused on doing just one of the many things that Moho can do (bone system with mesh animation) and still Moho is way better at that specific thing just because smartbones can automatically animate meshes based on bone position.

We already love the features, and that's why I think that the vast majority of experienced Moho users would prefer a version with every bug fixed and every existing feature polished than new features. Mostly:

-Fixing negative keyframes.
-Improving and fixing hand drawing.
-Fixing auto-save.
-Improving overall performance.
-Fixing bumps on strokes.
-Fixing many graphic tablet bugs.
-Fixing corruption of references.
-Fixing display of masks and effects.
-Fixing bezier bugs.

The Moho team is probably aware of what we want, but some bugs may be very difficult to solve. I think they are doing a good job for the time they have been working on it since they bought it, the size of the team and the complexity of the software, but I would love to see a more heavy focus on polishing.

While Moho still have many sharp corners arround performance, I think that an unofficial extensive guide on how to solve the bugs that slow Moho down, scripts that help, and advices to work with heavy scenes would be very useful to concentrate the knowledge on something we can link when people have performance problems. Maybe I should have written that istead of this. :roll:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

+1 from me! That's a pretty good list of things I'd like to see addressed ahead of adding more new features too.

For me, improving the Freehand tool or replacing it with a more reliable one is tops. If this was done, I'd certainly be using Moho's FBF system a lot more than I do now.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

hope our voices reach developers so we can animate in moho with ease and smooth experience :| :roll:
chucky

Post by chucky »

+1
Good list Daxel