Please remove that buggy psd update

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

Please remove that buggy psd update

Post by davoodice2 »

suddenly all of my switch layers became random. I use auto save.when I open each of previous files they are damage too.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: Please remove that buggy psd update

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:52 pm suddenly all of my switch layers became random. I use auto save.when I open each of previous files they are damage too.
No one is going to fix anything without example files of the problem with repeatable steps to replicate the issue. Without such, we can only assume it's user error.

Switch layers are solely based on layer names. So you shouldn't be changing layer names in the PSD after animating a switch layer.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:06 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:52 pm suddenly all of my switch layers became random. I use auto save.when I open each of previous files they are damage too.
No one is going to fix anything without example files of the problem with repeatable steps to replicate the issue. Without such, we can only assume it's user error.

Switch layers are solely based on layer names. So you shouldn't be changing layer names in the PSD after animating a switch layer.
I did not change anything. Sooner or later, all people will see this error. I came back to png workflow.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Well, if you'd rather wait than help contribute to fixing it, that's your prerogative.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

I open sequence 1 with different psd. all charcaters became closed eye and and woman one eye closed :roll: :roll:

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That tells us nothing about how your layers are named in the PSD and Moho and what layer names may have changed in either. IOW, it doesn't help replicate or solve the problem.
We can't have a productive discussion about a potential bug without enough information to identify the bug.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just curious but are the characters in a single Photoshop layer?

If so, they really should be in individual PSD files because I can easily see how sharing the same layer names (for the eyes) in a single file could cause problems for Moho. If the characters are in separate PSD files (a common workflow,) Moho probably won't care if the layers share the same names because it should associate those layers with the different files. (But this is untested by me...will try that this afternoon.)
chucky

Post by chucky »

As a point upgrade, the PSD thing is a bit finicky about names , so it's great if you start a new project with it, but I can see why Davood and many others would have a few surprises.

This is unfortunate, I hope you can find a workaround , as that's gonna sting, but for the future it's really a good thing.

Maybe it should have been left out until 14 when workflow changes are more expected.
The whole V13 cycle has been unlucky for so many including dev, like 2021 we going to have to ride this thing out I guess.

Bring on V14 I say...I'll be walking on eggshells and very careful with any project and upgrades until then.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree. For any projects I'm creating in the 13 cycle, I'm beginning with 13.5.1 and pretending anything earlier did not exist.

As a matter of fact, the few projects I had started with 13.0, I wound up sending to 12.5 once the problem with 13.0's Actions was exposed. I've since migrated those 12.5 projects into 13.5.2 and so far they seem to work fine.

I don't know about PSD migration since I avoided using layered PSD in Moho 12.5. I'm only starting to use this feature in Moho 13.5.2 because of the recent changes.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I'm even using 13 original on some projects which I have as a separate launch, just so I have access to the image layer features that were taken away.
As long as I don't mess with action groups it's safe.

Now the new PSD feature means that it is now actually much safer to use a PSD and keep it operational if that PSD get's added to.
The only issue is that the file has to be named exactly as Moho wants it ( which means I can't import PSD's with animated content easily any more).

All of this means that Moho' need for proper drawing tools vector and raster is higher than ever.
If FBF in other apps to Moho is being closed out as an easy workflow, then we need to do it in Moho native.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I agree.

I still prefer to see Freehand and Blob get an overhaul first, but the return of native painting tools is a very close second for me.

Wouldn't it be great if Moho 14 is all bout new drawing and painting tools? :D