Render groups separately

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: Render groups separately

Post by hayasidist »

kovis wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:27 pm Idk mate, i think i made it as clear as possible - in image example are 3 groups in layer panel and then there is another image example where is output - which is 3 separated folders with image sequences.

Please, understand my struggle, that there will be in this season maybe 10 episodes, each +-300 shot. Each shot is unique and i fear, that setting up layer comps will be totall killer (seems to me, that it can create mess real fast). These shots will be made by different animators and I really want the easiest possible solutions for them. That's why, as i wrote, few clicks script which automatically render top groups from file is better option for me.
ok -- just about there on the build layer comps from each top level group -- to be clear: that wipes out any layer comps you might have and also ignores top level layers that are not groups.

Will aim to get to the render interface tomorrow...

where do you want the .png subdirectories? in the same folder as the .moho??
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Seems you just need a script to generate the layer comps for each top level group and then use the Moho Exporter, as Dennis suggests.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, okay, now I see how that could be useful. It requires the user to be pretty consistent about how they organize their projects of course.

(For me, this system could work well with simpler scenes, but I often wind up with one or two 'master' groups at the top level, not separate 'layer comp' groups. But of course I'm not doing entire shows in Moho like the Kovis' team is doing either.) :)
kovis

Post by kovis »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 pm
kovis wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:27 pm Idk mate, i think i made it as clear as possible - in image example are 3 groups in layer panel and then there is another image example where is output - which is 3 separated folders with image sequences.

Please, understand my struggle, that there will be in this season maybe 10 episodes, each +-300 shot. Each shot is unique and i fear, that setting up layer comps will be totall killer (seems to me, that it can create mess real fast). These shots will be made by different animators and I really want the easiest possible solutions for them. That's why, as i wrote, few clicks script which automatically render top groups from file is better option for me.
ok -- just about there on the build layer comps from each top level group -- to be clear: that wipes out any layer comps you might have and also ignores top level layers that are not groups.

Will aim to get to the render interface tomorrow...

where do you want the .png subdirectories? in the same folder as the .moho??
Would be nice if it can ask for location, but that's not necessary. Important is, that script will create firstly folder with moho file name and inside of this folder will be folders with renders of top groups from layer panel :) So we will have some level of organization there :)
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش