several performance issues

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

several performance issues

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

1-i've had this issue forever but i just realized that only tools panel shortcuts that stops working with me a lot and all other shortcuts works fine which is super annoying :? :x

2-dealing with psd files is awefully slow specially in zooming in and in animation in timeline :x

3-timeline performance is bad with copy paste key frames and undo and redo changes which sometimes take from 5 to 12 sec to undo a change :cry:

4-motion graph is ..... well i dont need to talk about it lol ..... changing curveture is slow to the point of freeze :!: :?:

5-other than that i believe overall performance needs attention and i'm sure many people with me on this one :roll:
Greenlaw

Re: several performance issues

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't experienced these issues but here are some ideas that might help...
AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:42 am 1-i've had this issue forever but i just realized that only tools panel shortcuts that stops working with me a lot and all other shortcuts works fine which is super annoying :? :x
I only use the shortcuts for the main bones and vector tools, but I haven't run into any problems with them. Do you have steps to reproduce this?
2-dealing with psd files is awefully slow specially in zooming in and in animation in timeline :x
Try enabling or disabling GPU settings and see if one of these options makes a difference. Moho is usually pretty quick with bitmaps but can slow down if you have a lot of high-res images being deformed by bones or meshes. I try to use only as high a res as I need to. If the high res images are for backgrounds and environment, I prefer to use low res images in Moho, and composite the high-res images in a dedicated compositing program.

You might also try experimenting with different display settings to optimize performance. For example, I often disable any display options I don't really need to see while animating. Moho will render these options anyway when I submit the file to render.
3-timeline performance is bad with copy paste key frames and undo and redo changes which sometimes take from 5 to 12 sec to undo a change :cry:

4-motion graph is ..... well i dont need to talk about it lol ..... changing curveture is slow to the point of freeze :!: :?:

5-other than that i believe overall performance needs attention and i'm sure many people with me on this one :roll:
I haven't had a problem with these either, but the description makes me think think you have an unintended negative keyframe which is known to cause long delays and poor performance in Moho. If this is the problem, you can use Synthsin's script to find and delete them. More info here:

http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=15

Be sure to run the script on a copy of your project file.

FWIW, I've used Moho quite a lot at my workplace and at home, and performance has been pretty good. The only time I've run into a serious performance problem in Moho was because of negative keyframes, so hopefully the script fixes the issue for you too. Good luck!
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thank you bro for ur detailed reply :oops: ..... yeah i'm kinda old moho user and haven't heard of this negative keyframes :)

the shortcut is an old bug that sometimes shortcuts stop working mid working which kind of got used to it but still annoying

for psd files i use high res images cut to pieces of layers and meshes and i know moho cant handle all of it but got used to it and hope its peformance improve related to this area

for timeline and motion graph they tend to slow down especially with heavy projects when copy paste and undo redo keyframes which weirdly takes forever

though got to mention i have an old pc which i dont know if its related to this slow peformance or not but i tend to go over board sometimes with meshes and transperancy and dynamic bones :lol:

just hope performance improvement for this beautifull masterpiece of software which i've been in love with for 2-3 years :roll:
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:42 am 1-i've had this issue forever but i just realized that only tools panel shortcuts that stops working with me a lot and all other shortcuts works fine which is super annoying :? :x

yes agree. overall performance isn't good enough.
for shortcut keys make sure your windows language is EN. otherwise some shortcuts don't work.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش