DV_Incremental Save V2.2 (Critical Update)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

DV_Incremental Save V2.2 (Critical Update)

Post by davoodice2 »

hello.
the script Simply saves your file with increment .
The file that is currently open will not be saved on itself .so you always access to previous file. (jj_save issue).
Please tell me if any bug is.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/psqgl921 ... e.zip/file

Version 2.0
Create Separated folder for increment Files.
Keep Opened file as newer file without changing name.
older files store in folder based on number.
v 2.2
----fix bug

LIKE MAYA's ICREMNETAL SAVE.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eospxl4h ... 2.zip/file

regards.
Last edited by davoodice2 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: DV_Incremental Save V1.0

Post by synthsin75 »

My old tool increments and has the option to auto-save:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... xX5gh9TCkC
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Thank you both for sharing. They are not exactly the same but both are useful.

In case someone wants more info:

Davoodice2's script is an incremental saver that saves the file if you push a button but it saves the file as a new one with an incremental version number like nameofthefile_2, which is quite handy because you can use it with a shortcut.

Synthsin75's script is an auto-saver that has settings to automatically save each X minutes wich is cool and does use incremental saves too.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48 pm My old tool increments and has the option to auto-save:
When it tries to save I got a message from Moho saying that the document couldn't be saved because an existing document called "mydocument.moho" is currently open and that I have to close the document or choose a different name and try again. Am I doing something stupid?

I tried looking for your script's post but didn't find it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Daxel wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:40 am
synthsin75 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48 pm My old tool increments and has the option to auto-save:
When it tries to save I got a message from Moho saying that the document couldn't be saved because an existing document called "mydocument.moho" is currently open and that I have to close the document or choose a different name and try again. Am I doing something stupid?

I tried looking for your script's post but didn't find it.
This is a very old script (2011), so there's likely not a thread dedicated to it.

I've updated the script to account for a problem in 13.5 that didn't happen earlier. Should work now.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:34 pm
I've updated the script to account for a problem in 13.5 that didn't happen earlier. Should work now.
It works. thank you!
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

thanks. but it destroyed 2 days of my working. I work on s4.moho and it save it on s5.moho.
I know I'm responsible for use of scripts.
I put this here so that others do not have the same problem
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:32 am thanks. but it destroyed 2 days of my working. I work on s4.moho and it save it on s5.moho.
That's some very bad file naming practices you have there.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:37 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:32 am thanks. but it destroyed 2 days of my working. I work on s4.moho and it save it on s5.moho.
That's some very bad file naming practices you have there.
Please change the script naming system before destroying someone else's entire project.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:42 am Please change the script naming system before destroying someone else's entire project.
Please learn better file naming practices and test unfamiliar scripts on copies of files before committing to using them on a project. The latter goes for new versions of the software as well.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:50 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:42 am Please change the script naming system before destroying someone else's entire project.
Please learn better file naming practices and test unfamiliar scripts on copies of files before committing to using them on a project. The latter goes for new versions of the software as well.
OK. I Will Try to learn. It replaces s6 s7 and s8 too. one week goes to hell.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:30 am OK. I Will Try to learn. It replaces s6 s7 and s8 too. one week goes to hell.
If you kept using it after losing one file, that's on you, mate. You know how to read code. You could have looked to see how it worked, tested it before using it on work files, or even just asked how it works, if you had any doubts.

But I went ahead and changed it...just for you. Unless paid, I usually only write scripts to my own specifications, but now it's pretty foolproof. Test it before using it on important files this time, and try to remember that costly lesson for the future.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:56 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:30 am OK. I Will Try to learn. It replaces s6 s7 and s8 too. one week goes to hell.
If you kept using it after losing one file, that's on you, mate. You know how to read code. You could have looked to see how it worked, tested it before using it on work files, or even just asked how it works, if you had any doubts.

But I went ahead and changed it...just for you. Unless paid, I usually only write scripts to my own specifications, but now it's pretty foolproof. Test it before using it on important files this time, and try to remember that costly lesson for the future.
It doesn't matter anymore, I ran the script in the morning and went to have breakfast, and when I came back, unfortunately, it happened.I just wanted to see if the timer works.Anyway, this was my mistake and I gained experience from it
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:32 pm It doesn't matter anymore, I ran the script in the morning and went to have breakfast, and when I came back, unfortunately, it happened.I just wanted to see if the timer works.Anyway, this was my mistake and I gained experience from it
This script does ZERO when you're not using Moho. The timer is only checked when you do stuff like change layers, move in or out of frame zero, etc.. It will not make backups just sitting idle.