Auto-Focus Timeline on Selected Layer (Button or Script)

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Auto-Focus Timeline on Selected Layer (Button or Script)

Post by JoelMayer »

Copied this from a scripting request but apparently the vertical scrolling of the timeline isn't available to fiddle with in Lua so yeah entering this as a feature request:

Hi again!

I'm really sorry for floating this forum, but i'm really getting seriously back into Moho again after being absent for a couple of years and mainly using Toon Boom so a lot of open questions :) Just dove into 3rd party scripts now though and really like what i found so far! Will make life so much easier for sure!

Again, apologies if this already exists, but in Toon Boom there is a great feature, where i can press a button or a shortcut and it automatically focuses my timeline and node view on a selected piece of artwork. This is very handy when working with a lot of layers or complex rigging situations.

With Moho i think this would also be nice! Imagine you have like 5-10 layers visible in your timeline by selecting them and you want to quickly focus on another layer that you selected. Right now i have to manually scroll through the timeline vertically to find the selected layer (granted it being exposed to the timeline). What i propose is that you select the layer, click a button or a shortcut and it automatically scrolls to the respective layer in the timeline, if it is exposed to it.

Really simple idea really but could be a nice quality of life improvement.

BTW, is there a way to sort my icons of the "Other" section of my scripts somehow manually? Right now it made a real mess and i'd like to sort them myself and put the icons that are i.e. from the same tool next to each other etc.

Thanks a ton!
Daxel

Re: Auto-Focus Timeline on Selected Layer (Button or Script)

Post by Daxel »

Yes I would love to see something like that too. And an official way of showing all animated layers in the timeline would improve the timeline workflow too. Timeline in general could get some love.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

JoelMayer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 pm ... vertical scrolling of the timeline isn't available to fiddle with in Lua so yeah entering this as a feature request ...
If you also want to open an Offical Feature Request (i.e. raise a feature request - support ticket) - you can do so at: https://lostmarble.com/support/
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Daxel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:37 am Yes I would love to see something like that too. And an official way of showing all animated layers in the timeline would improve the timeline workflow too. Timeline in general could get some love.
That you can easily do that with the AE Key script ;) It's really a gods-end. I would strongly suggest looking into scripts more because they add a lot of cool functionality. Moho kinda reminds me of Maya or After Effects. You start with a blank slate with the basics and then you add what you need.

https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_keytools

And thanks Sam!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

JoelMayer wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:50 am That you can easily do that with the AE Key script ;)
Yeah I always recomend it. But I think it is basic functionality that should be added officially because It's a common request/question from newcomers and useful for every animator.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

JoelMayer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 pm Copied this from a scripting request but apparently the vertical scrolling of the timeline isn't available to fiddle with in Lua so yeah entering this as a feature request:

Hi again!

I'm really sorry for floating this forum, but i'm really getting seriously back into Moho again after being absent for a couple of years and mainly using Toon Boom so a lot of open questions :) Just dove into 3rd party scripts now though and really like what i found so far! Will make life so much easier for sure!

Again, apologies if this already exists, but in Toon Boom there is a great feature, where i can press a button or a shortcut and it automatically focuses my timeline and node view on a selected piece of artwork. This is very handy when working with a lot of layers or complex rigging situations.

With Moho i think this would also be nice! Imagine you have like 5-10 layers visible in your timeline by selecting them and you want to quickly focus on another layer that you selected. Right now i have to manually scroll through the timeline vertically to find the selected layer (granted it being exposed to the timeline). What i propose is that you select the layer, click a button or a shortcut and it automatically scrolls to the respective layer in the timeline, if it is exposed to it.

Really simple idea really but could be a nice quality of life improvement.

BTW, is there a way to sort my icons of the "Other" section of my scripts somehow manually? Right now it made a real mess and i'd like to sort them myself and put the icons that are i.e. from the same tool next to each other etc.

Thanks a ton!
thanks for great suggestions
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش