My Anime Style

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

skygazer

My Anime Style

Post by skygazer »

Hi there,

I mainly use the basic functions of Anime Studio / MOHO, but I'm more focused on complex and anime stylized characters
Oh yeah and my animations are in german. So far I got about 50 million views on my animations in total

slowtiger

Re: My Anime Style

Post by slowtiger »

OK, not too much animation here. But it was surprisingly intelligent. I just don't get along with all of this "follow me/subscribe/like" nagging.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
skygazer

Post by skygazer »

Well I'm also not into it, but it's part of the game :)
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Its not bad I'd say it looks a tad bit floaty and looks very cut-out for a anime style but it works since producing anime quality takes a lot of time and cant really be done with rigging. However I like it over all especially the way the expression changes are handled. If you want a more anime look I'd recommend doing lots of storyboard and putting more thought in your scene structures for more variety. I'd also recommend to use point animation for inbetweening and drawing some frames out fbf Like A, B, and C then in-between them. Anime is usually animated at a 24fps timeline but its usually held on two's and sometimes even three's or four's which would be 12FPS, 8FPS, and 6FPS. Some BG objects could be animated as low as 4FPS lol.

Anime relies on a lot on composition shots due to the limited animation so having really well planned out scenes is key here. As far as drawing goes I'd say its good but having two characters that look like they're from different shows is a bit jarring at first but it fits the comedy overall in this case. Remember just like any animation the principles are important and even though anime doesn't utilize some to the full extent like western animation it's still an important note and if you study things like squash, stretch, follow through/overlapping, exaggeration, and timing this would help a lot for your boob/oppai physics/jiggles for example. I could go on but I think you get what I mean.

I don't want to sound like I'm downing your work its good for what is and I did enjoy it but these things should be noted and learn if you want to become a better animator overall however I know managing a YouTube channel in todays day and age you cant really put to much time in quality without the algorithm dropping you since it would take forever to upload something lol.
skygazer

Post by skygazer »

Thanks for your feedback :) there is definitely a lot I can progress on and things I should tackle. I think I only use like 10% of that what MOHO offers, but of course, many things are simplified since I try to upload on a regular basis. Animation is one of the worst things to do on YouTube, but I'm having a project planned that is actually more like a "real" anime and will be more complex > but yeah I need a looooot of time for something like this, as you guys already know :D (and I only do YouTube in my free time beside my regular full-time job)
Since the YouTube earnings are really poor, I'm happy my subscribers are having me covered up via patreon