Antialiasing Control

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BigBoiiiJones

Antialiasing Control

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

It'd be nice to have more control over the AA in Moho within the project settings tab that'll allow you to control softness and subsampling of the AA. For reference OpenToonz has a option for this within the level settings tab and I think it'd benefit Moho a lot especially for anime style productions in Japan where a lot more of the work happens in the compositing side of things.

synthsin75

Re: Antialiasing Control

Post by synthsin75 »

You can disable antialiasing for individual vector layers, so all your antialiasing can be done in your compostor.
BigBoiiiJones

Re: Antialiasing Control

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:44 pm You can disable antialiasing for individual vector layers, so all your antialiasing can be done in your compostor.
That's what I currently do however it'd be a nice quality of life improvement if this was a feature that was supported within Moho. I use OLM Smoother and After Effects currently. I'd just like more control over it within Moho in general so that way I can have some AA but not a whole lot. I'd say the best example I can also use aside from OpenToonz is Clip Studio Paint EX they have 4 different options for AA. None, Weak, Medium, and Strong. Most Japanese productions that use the RETAS/Clip Studio line up usually work with Weak/Medium and then use a OLM smoother within composition for the best softest look. That's why a lot of anime have a certain "feel" despite using vectors for clean up. Moho's AA looks very smooth which is good for cartoons but its not so good for something that is anime.