Point animation test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Point animation test

Post by JoelMayer »

I mean it's nothing to write home about and could've just as well done with smart bones but i'm experimenting with some point animation stuff where i just do a basic rig and then animate on the go using hand drawn keys as a guide. I think Moho could improve its timeline quite a bit to make it less of a hassle but i'm getting there... Sorry for the weird hands etc.

Anyways, i'm trying to get a bit closer to a "hand-drawn" look. I wanted to put everything on two's in the end but couldn't get the different elements to sync up correctly so it staggered. hence i left it on 1's which makes it look a bit too computer-y for my tastes but it's a start :)

BigBoiiiJones

Re: Point animation test

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

To me personally point animation with a simple rig is the best way to animate in Moho. A lot of people look over it with all in one rigs but in my eyes smart bones could really limit animation potential especially when you're trying to create a "all in one rig" I think smart bones should only be used very lightly to fix issues is with a regular rig like joints for example. For someone who's used Moho and Toon Boom I feel Moho does its inbetweening the best. Once a object is drawn it already acts as a automatic deformer and that is not the case in Toon Boom. I usually draw all my frames in CSP or Photoshop and always do point animation and simple rigging to prevent distortion. Especially when working on anime projects. Moho and CACANi are my gotos for cleanup/douga from the layouts/gengas.

Also I think this looks good overall nice work. :)