Separate Dimensions doesn't work

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rafael

Separate Dimensions doesn't work

Post by rafael »

Just discovered another bug in the graph editor. It's pretty bad, as it wrecks the curves of one axis, while you're likely only looking at the other. So you're happily going along, not realizing that your keyframes are silently being destroyed. Yikes!

I absolutely LOVE Moho, but all these motion graph bugs are so detrimental to my animation workflow that I'm starting to get discouraged with the software. Anyone know if there's another--hopefully less buggy--version on the way soon?
alanthebox

Re: Separate Dimensions doesn't work

Post by alanthebox »

I wonder if this explains why I sometimes feel like I have no idea what I'm doing in the motion graph...
rafael

Post by rafael »

alanthebox wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:25 pm I wonder if this explains why I sometimes feel like I have no idea what I'm doing in the motion graph...
LOL That is a distinct possibility!

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that this, and a bunch of other--possibly related--motion graph bugs, get ironed out soon-ish. Working in separate dimensions/the motion graph, is absolutely fundamental to my animation process.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Woah!
I've never seen that before.
I use the graph more than soap, :mrgreen: that seems very strange.
Does it happen a lot?
rafael

Post by rafael »

chucky wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:17 am Woah!
I've never seen that before.
I use the graph more than soap, :mrgreen: that seems very strange.
Does it happen a lot?
LOL same! Yeah, as far as I can tell, it happens every time you try and paste a keyframe. Might be some special circumstances where it doesn't happen. Pretty shocked that I've not noticed it until now. I even went back and tried it in 12 and got the same result.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Just retested and looks like this bad boy has been fixed in 13.5.2. Victor mentioned there were some Sep Dims fixes in the latest release.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:57 pm Just retested and looks like this bad boy has been fixed in 13.5.2. Victor mentioned there were some Sep Dims fixes in the latest release.
Good news.
I've already restested some problems to check if they have been fixed and I wonder: do we have a list with all the fixed bugs or an official changelog, something we can check instead of manually testing things to see if can stop using this or that workarround? It would be useful.