How about rotating 2d objects in 3d space in Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

striker2311

How about rotating 2d objects in 3d space in Moho?

Post by striker2311 »

I was practicing a 2d model in 3d environment in moho but whenever I rotate 3d space and background I need to set my 2d model at same angle with camera otherwise it seems a simple line from side view ...

So is there a tool in moho which can rotate 2d model with camera ?
and if I select immune to camera it doesn't move with camera for example when I want to insert any zoom in effect in my animation. So I guess that won't work right?

Is there any script from which this can workout? or am I doing anything wrong with immune to camera option?
synthsin75

Re: How about rotating 2d objects in 3d space in Moho?

Post by synthsin75 »

In the layer settings of the top group of the character, try out different Face Camera options.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:20 pm In the layer settings of the top group of the character, try out different Face Camera options.
I will definitely give it a try When I get home and will tell you how it went
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:20 pm In the layer settings of the top group of the character, try out different Face Camera options.
Ok i got what I wanted back then but there's one more thing I want to ask help for.
Is there a way to rotate camera in 3d space in moho ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Well, you can move and rotate the camera freely. But it's quite tedious if you want it to follow a certain path while facing a certain direction.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Scripts>Camera>Orbit Camera can generate a path rotating around and pointing at the center.

There have been several custom scripts to help with this, like keeping the camera pointed at one layer's origin, but I don't know where they are off hand.

EDIT: It can also help to animate the camera from orbit view, so you can see the camera itself.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

This probably doesn't apply here, but:

There are 12 rules or principles for animation.

Skip them and go with my NUMBER ONE rule. Don't move the camera!!!

You might think that what is the harm if I move the camera? A lot. Everything moves when you move the camera. That almost prefect animation that your halfway through will get ruin by moving the camera. Trust me. I spent tons of time fixing this mistake.

If you in 3d space and you move the camera everything in the space changes it distance from the camera. I sat through a teacher trying to replicate a fly through in AF. She was moving the camera past 2d planes. The problem was she couldn't get it right because all the planes was changing as the camera passed.
The easy way is to not move the camera and push each image passed the camera.

With Moho you can have problems even if you think everything is the same distance from the camera and it should matter. If your getting strange issues. Stop, and plant the camera. Then continue.

Can you move the camera? Shure when your happy with the animation. If something looks wrong, you know it's the camera.

In 3d the rule only applies to the rendering camera. Move the face cam, the foot cam and all other cameras to your harts content. Just keep you hands off the rendering camera until the animation is done.

Dale
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'd like to clarify this tip: don't move the camera unless the animation is finished. That's it.

But if you need to change animation after you did the camera movements: just shift the camera channels beyond the end of the scene temporarily, work on animation, then shift camera movements back in time. (Just make sure your first camera keys are set to step.)
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm Scripts>Camera>Orbit Camera can generate a path rotating around and pointing at the center.

There have been several custom scripts to help with this, like keeping the camera pointed at one layer's origin, but I don't know where they are off hand.

EDIT: It can also help to animate the camera from orbit view, so you can see the camera itself.
Thanks i didn't know about that it can be really useful if i use it carefully.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

dueyftw wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:21 am This probably doesn't apply here, but:

There are 12 rules or principles for animation.

Skip them and go with my NUMBER ONE rule. Don't move the camera!!!

You might think that what is the harm if I move the camera? A lot. Everything moves when you move the camera. That almost prefect animation that your halfway through will get ruin by moving the camera. Trust me. I spent tons of time fixing this mistake.

If you in 3d space and you move the camera everything in the space changes it distance from the camera. I sat through a teacher trying to replicate a fly through in AF. She was moving the camera past 2d planes. The problem was she couldn't get it right because all the planes was changing as the camera passed.
The easy way is to not move the camera and push each image passed the camera.

With Moho you can have problems even if you think everything is the same distance from the camera and it should matter. If your getting strange issues. Stop, and plant the camera. Then continue.

Can you move the camera? Shure when your happy with the animation. If something looks wrong, you know it's the camera.

In 3d the rule only applies to the rendering camera. Move the face cam, the foot cam and all other cameras to your harts content. Just keep you hands off the rendering camera until the animation is done.

Dale
Yeah you are absolutely right about what you said but there could be some places when we need to create that kind of effect like 3d movement for example moving from one Street to another or taking a turn, and some sets which has been created with 3d and need change perspective . So it can useful there.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

slowtiger wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:02 am I'd like to clarify this tip: don't move the camera unless the animation is finished. That's it.

But if you need to change animation after you did the camera movements: just shift the camera channels beyond the end of the scene temporarily, work on animation, then shift camera movements back in time. (Just make sure your first camera keys are set to step.)
Thanks that's quite good piece of advice. :D
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm Scripts>Camera>Orbit Camera can generate a path rotating around and pointing at the center.

Yeah but is there anything like in which we have to fill numbers to rotate camera like we do when we want to move forward and backward in scene??
Please if there anything like that then please help me.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

striker2311 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm Yeah but is there anything like in which we have to fill numbers to rotate camera like we do when we want to move forward and backward in scene??
Like slowtiger mentioned, you have to use a combination of Track Camera and Pan/Tilt Camera tools. The pan number input is to rotate left/right, and the tilt input is to rotate up/down.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:28 pm
striker2311 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm Yeah but is there anything like in which we have to fill numbers to rotate camera like we do when we want to move forward and backward in scene??
Like slowtiger mentioned, you have to use a combination of Track Camera and Pan/Tilt Camera tools. The pan number input is to rotate left/right, and the tilt input is to rotate up/down.
Yeah yeah sorry sorry :oops: i didn't checked pan input it was exactly what i was looking for , sorry for any inconvenience :oops:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

striker2311 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 pm Yeah yeah sorry sorry :oops: i didn't checked pan input it was exactly what i was looking for , sorry for any inconvenience :oops:
No problem. Everyone misses things.