playback speed lagging

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

playback speed lagging

Post by davoodice2 »

I work on a heavy scene.
when I play animation with spacebar frame rate is 19 and its good. but when I change time manually with time slider is very very laggy
also when disable bone dynamics , bones are dynamic when I move on timeline with arrow keys.
also with make a bobe dynamic it kills software. every freeze keys, delete keys and ... take more than 30 sec
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Greenlaw

Re: playback speed lagging

Post by Greenlaw »

Have you checked for unintended negative keys? If you don't have Wes' Delete Negative Keyframes tool, go here...

http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=15

Be sure to make a copy of your project before running the script. If it finds anything, deleting the unintended frames should solve the lagging UI the problem.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:43 am Have you checked for unintended negative keys? If you don't have Wes' Delete Negative Keyframes tool, go here...

http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=15

Be sure to make a copy of your project before running the script. If it finds anything, deleting the unintended frames should solve the lagging UI the problem.
Hi friend.
I used that.
It did not matter.
absolutely I am sure some thing is wrong.
1 .with empty scene please turn off enable frame skipping . play animation. you will see frame rate drop to 21. why? normally it must goes up to 240 for example.
2. create a scene with import a character from moho library . duplicate is 5 times. now hide all of when. now play animation. its good. but please move time slider manually , you will see its very laggy.
3. and i know there is a problem with dynamics. some times It doesn't work. if you want I can share with you the scene have problem.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:59 am 1 .with empty scene please turn off enable frame skipping . play animation. you will see frame rate drop to 21. why? normally it must goes up to 240 for example.
Frame rate should not be faster than the project frame rate. Unbaked physics can cause that, but others have found that updating GPU driver can help.
2. create a scene with import a character from moho library . duplicate is 5 times. now hide all of when. now play animation. its good. but please move time slider manually , you will see its very laggy.
Not significantly laggy here.
3. and i know there is a problem with dynamics. some times It doesn't work. if you want I can share with you the scene have problem.
Dynamics have to played from the beginning, so they can be properly calculated. Playing from the middle of a dynamic animation will cause sudden jerks.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Frame rate should not be faster than the project frame rate. that, .
No it's not true. when frame rate isn't limited it allows to go up or down based on hardware specifications. also with disabled frame skipping frame rate Should not be reduced when scene is empty.
Unbaked physics can cause
even is empty scene it happen.
but others have found that updating GPU driver can help
driver is updated.
Not significantly laggy here.
i will create a video to show.
Dynamics have to played from the beginning, so they can be properly calculated. Playing from the middle of a dynamic animation will cause sudden jerks.
yes.it's true. but it completely don't work some times. I send you an example later if you want.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:18 pm No it's not true. when frame rate isn't limited it allows to go up or down based on hardware specifications. also with disabled frame skipping frame rate Should not be reduced when scene is empty.
Software should not try to play faster than real-time framerate. That would be useless for animation timing.
even is empty scene it happen.
driver is updated.
Then we need some repeatable steps to replicate the problem. Otherwise it's likely something on your system.
yes.it's true. but it completely don't work some times. I send you an example later if you want.
Don't bother. I think I've already helped you as much as I plan to.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

We try to find bugs. I already solved problems that i said.i spend my free time to report and suggestion. Again here i dont want any help from any one.i just report problems.
where you help me was in programing topic. Thanks again for those.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:25 pm where you help me was in programing topic. Thanks again for those.
Yeah, I'm done helping you with that too. Yer on yer own, kid.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

for solving problems I use alternative solutions.

for dynamics problem I disable that and do it manually.
for lagging time slider I select my character and use copy layer and send it to new file. I animate character and send it back to previous file with copy layer.somr times I render file as a png and import to main file as a image sequence.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, that's a valid technique. If the rigs are complicated (i.e., lots of bone deformation for high-res images or lots of dense meshes) and you have many keyframes, Moho can bog down when several characters are present.

This is true for many animation programs. Years ago, I worked on a sequence for the Croods TV show using Toon Boom and I had 17 characters to animate. They didn't do much in the sequence but animating the rigs for each character was painfully slow. I wound up breaking the scene into separate projects with fewer characters in each (about 4 or 5 from what I recall,) and then compositing the rendered characters into a new project. I don't think I've ever had to animate nearly that many characters in Moho yet, but I do occasionally pre-render complex characters and composite the image sequence versions instead. It's really not unusual to animate elements in multiple passes...I do this for 3D animation and VFX work all the time.