Edit multiple bone keys...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Edit multiple bone keys...

Post by heyvern »

What I need to do is select a pile of key frames in one channel, mainly bone translation right now, and then translate the bones so that multiple key frames all are effected by the translation relative to the original translation. I keep thinking there was a way to do this and can't remember how. A key shortcut while translating the bone or something. Maybe it was a custom tool or script? It could be a completely different program and my brain is on the fritz.
heyvern

Re: Edit multiple bone keys...

Post by heyvern »

Never mind. I can do this pretty well in the graph editor. Oops.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

You mean relative animation, right? You check the checkbox with the same name, over the timeline, then select the keyframes that you want to modify, translate the bones/points and the translation will be aplied to them on all those keyframes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, relative animation was my first thought too.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I checked off relative keys and selected multiple keys and it didn't do anything different than with it unchecked. It only worked on the active key frame. Like I said the graph editor was actually "better". I can see and select multiple keys and drag them in the timeline. Gives better feedback. I can see the keys before and after the ones I'm editing.

Edit: I do have to "split" into x and y keys though and drag seperately in the time line. It's not as easy as dragging the bones but it does give a more visual feedback.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

heyvern wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 am I checked off relative keys and selected multiple keys and it didn't do anything different than with it unchecked. It only worked on the active key frame.
I think you are right, it doesn't seem to work with bones here neither. And the hint (while mouse hovering the checkbox) mentions it works for points but doesn't say anything about bones, so it doesn't look like a bug but a feature limited to points. It would be cool to have it working for bones too though.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

heyvern wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 am I checked off relative keys and selected multiple keys and it didn't do anything different than with it unchecked. ..
The "Modified transform bone tool" by A.Evseeva allows you to use Relative Keys amongst other groovy things: http://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone

It even uses your HV Font for head-up bone name display:
  • display bone names on mouse move even in "Show Curves" mode off (thanks to Heyvern vector font)
  • display true paths for any bone, independent or parented, inside active area
  • filter select bone menu with smartbones only
  • customizable step for shift+mouse bone rotation, and other hotkey steps
  • use "Relative keyframes" timeline mode to translate group of independent bones over multiply keys by same distance
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

SimplSam wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:19 pm
The "Modified transform bone tool" by A.Evseeva allows you to use Relative Keys amongst other groovy things: http://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone

Awesome! Thank you.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

SimplSam wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:19 pm The "Modified transform bone tool" by A.Evseeva allows you to use Relative Keys amongst other groovy things: http://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone
It even uses your HV Font for head-up bone name display...
Holy COW! Forgot all about that script. That was a long time ago. took me a while to track it down and it still works. Seeing it now I realize how much work that font was... but also how much fun it was. AND it looks great! Oh lordy how the memories come back. I remember the nightmare of calculating the drawing of the letters on a grid. Totally forgot all about it... maybe... I blocked it out due to the trauma :D

I am THRILLED it's been put to more use! That was always my hope.