13.5 importing issues

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

repoman

13.5 importing issues

Post by repoman »

Hello, all.
I have just upgraded from 13 to 13.5. I import moho files and png files they appear as white rectangles. Also interestingly, when ctrl R the render shows the art, no problem.
This could also be in the 'how do I...' category of this thread as it is possibly something I am doing.
Thank you
repoman

Re: 13.5 importing issues

Post by repoman »

I have actually found an answer from back on 2016, in case anyone finds this post. I will repost the answer here, very easy fix

in 2017, Miguipigui wrote the following:

"I had the exact same issue. I'm extremely new to MOHO and basically any drawing/animation, so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was a program error.
I would add an image and no matter the type (JPEG, PNG, etc.) it would ALWAYS load as a white box. What I did notice, was that if I saved the file, and re-opened it, It would show the image for 1 second, and then go white box. I started tweeking with the program and found the solution! I just whent to "Edit", "Preferences", and unchecked the "Enable GPU" box, click "ok" and thats it! The images would load. And if I'd recheck the box, they disappear.

I'm using a Del Inspiron 1525, which I got way back in 2007/08 which I revived after my "good laptop" got stolen. Its a very old laptop but I still managed to get Windows 10 to work on it. So i'm guessing since its low specs, and Win10 don't allow it to work properly with GPU enabled.

Hope this helps!"
synthsin75

Re: 13.5 importing issues

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like an under powered graphics card.