Shortcut for Timeline Zoom Not Working

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mgo

Shortcut for Timeline Zoom Not Working

Post by mgo »

The default shortcut didn't work, so I changed it:

ALT , to zoom out
ALT . to zoom in

But the new shortcut don't work either. I reloaded all tools, and restarted Moho, just in case. Anything else to try?
Moho 13.5.1, macOS Big Sur 11.4, MBA M1
🚀
synthsin75

Re: Shortcut for Timeline Zoom Not Working

Post by synthsin75 »

Most of the timeline shortcuts only apply to the motion graph.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hm...the official shortcut to zoom the timeline is Ctrl/Cmd + mouse scroll wheel (p. 554 of User Manual), but this doesn't work on Windows either. (On my system anyway.)

I guess I never noticed this because I normally use the zoom buttons so I don't have to take my hand off the mouse or put down my stylus.

But, of course this option should work. I'll point the devs to this thread.

Thought: my mouse scroll wheel is set to whatever the Logitech default is, but I wonder if this will work when I change a setting for the device.

(Update: I've informed the devs about this issue and pointed them to this thread.)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I believe default Alt+Shift + '+' or '-' key shortcut is only meant for zooming in Graph Editor (as suggested by Synthsin75.) If you changed this shortcut, the change should be reflected in the Graph Editor. (I just checked and this is the case for me.)

The official alternative method to zoom in/out of the Timeline is to use Ctrl/Cmd + mouse scroll wheel, as described in the above post and on p. 554 or the user manual. (But this doesn't work for me here, so maybe it's broken. Testing with different mouse settings later.)
mgo

Post by mgo »

Thanks. CMD + mouse wheel kind of works, but feels unreliable and wonky. Also, I mostly use a Cintiq, so I'll stick to the buttons for now.
🚀