Love 13.5 but...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madriver

Love 13.5 but...

Post by madriver »

I get this weird display issue every time I zoom in with the scroll wheel: the lines I draw are highly pixelated the closer I get to my drawing until they're so blurry, it's not worth working in 13.5, so I go back to 13. Everything is fine in 13 (except for 13's usual bugginess of course, but that's another issue).

My display settings are set to the highest level in Moho.

My video card (Nvidia 1080) is up to date, and I have never had this problem with 13, 12, 11, 10, etc. :cry:

Suggestions welcome.
synthsin75

Re: Love 13.5 but...

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you talking about bitmap images? If so, try enabling GPU acceleration.
madriver

Post by madriver »

No I mean vector drawings.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

madriver wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:52 pm No I mean vector drawings.
I was considering updating Moho, so this alarms me. I thought vector art could not get pixelated. Almost 100% of what I do in Moho is vector art.

Could you open a new file, draw a triangle shape with a stroke, zoom-in on the selected layer with the triangle, screenshot what you see and post it. I need to see how badly it's pixelated. Maybe I could tolerate it; I don't know.

I'm hoping a script is causing the problem and it's not a bug.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

try turning GPU _OFF_

with GPU enabled a vector layer that is not the one you're working on will get "pre-rendered" and will be blurry
madriver

Post by madriver »

Thank you Hayasadist! That's exactly what I did and it worked. :D
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Yay! That exact thing had happened to me in the past, but I assumed only I would make such a mistake. Now I feel a little better about it, ha ha.
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

Sounds like a list of things that aren't bugs, and aren't feature suggestions, but are just "confusions" should be kept somewhere. : )
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
SemiRespect

Post by SemiRespect »

Hi, I was looking through the forum but I didn't see anyone else saying they had an issue with curve profile in 13.5, whenever I go to the curve layer it disappears on the shape layer, so you can't see the manipulation until you click back to teh shape layer which of course is a real time waster. Anyone else? Is this a known bug?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SemiRespect wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:57 am Hi, I was looking through the forum but I didn't see anyone else saying they had an issue with curve profile in 13.5, whenever I go to the curve layer it disappears on the shape layer, so you can't see the manipulation until you click back to teh shape layer which of course is a real time waster. Anyone else? Is this a known bug?
Not seeing that in 13.5.1. Are you talking about moving points around on the profile or adjusting the repeat count?
SemiRespect

Post by SemiRespect »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:12 am
SemiRespect wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:57 am Hi, I was looking through the forum but I didn't see anyone else saying they had an issue with curve profile in 13.5, whenever I go to the curve layer it disappears on the shape layer, so you can't see the manipulation until you click back to teh shape layer which of course is a real time waster. Anyone else? Is this a known bug?
Not seeing that in 13.5.1. Are you talking about moving points around on the profile or adjusting the repeat count?
Yeah I was hoping it was in 13.5.1 but it wasn't fixed. Yeah so it 90% works but that last 10% is vital.
You make the shape layer, you make the path layer, you use curve profile and click the path and it works just like Moho 13 but when you go to the path to adjust the points and refine the shape the curve profile becomes invisible so any change you make you won't see until you go back to the shape layer and obviously this wastes time etc.
Try and make one on 13.5 and you'll see what I mean. Thx
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SemiRespect wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:38 am Yeah I was hoping it was in 13.5.1 but it wasn't fixed. Yeah so it 90% works but that last 10% is vital.
You make the shape layer, you make the path layer, you use curve profile and click the path and it works just like Moho 13 but when you go to the path to adjust the points and refine the shape the curve profile becomes invisible so any change you make you won't see until you go back to the shape layer and obviously this wastes time etc.
Still not seeing that problem in 13.5.1. I even tried enabling GPU acceleration, nesting the profile and curve layers in multiple groups, using it in actions, etc.. The changes to the profile are always immediately shown on the curve for me.

Are you on an OS recommended for Moho 13.5? Windows 10 or OSX 10.15 or higher? OpenGL 4.1 supported graphics card?
SemiRespect

Post by SemiRespect »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:05 am
SemiRespect wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:38 am Yeah I was hoping it was in 13.5.1 but it wasn't fixed. Yeah so it 90% works but that last 10% is vital.
Still not seeing that problem in 13.5.1. I even tried enabling GPU acceleration, nesting the profile and curve layers in multiple groups, using it in actions, etc.. The changes to the profile are always immediately shown on the curve for me.

Are you on an OS recommended for Moho 13.5? Windows 10 or OSX 10.15 or higher? OpenGL 4.1 supported graphics card?
Hi, yeah Win10 and gfx card says 4.2 Open GL... when I fire up moho 13 the curve profile works perfectly
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SemiRespect wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:31 pm Hi, yeah Win10 and gfx card says 4.2 Open GL... when I fire up moho 13 the curve profile works perfectly
Well, if you have a file that has the problem in 13.5 you might post it here for others to try. Then we might be able eliminate either Moho or your system as the problem.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:07 pm try turning GPU _OFF_

with GPU enabled a vector layer that is not the one you're working on will get "pre-rendered" and will be blurry
Thank you, @hayasidist