key frame interpolation

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

key frame interpolation

Post by davoodice2 »

hello again

keyframe interpolation will only affect the current frame and not the next frame.

for excample make frame 20 bezier create 2 handle for in/out for frame 20 and the next key frame Stay as it is.

like this
make bezier in middle frame created 2 tangent in\out
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: key frame interpolation

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you saying you want this behavior instead. If so, that ain't going to happen, as a keyframe can only ever encode what happens after it, not before. So an out-interpolation handle from the current key and an in-interpolation handle on the next key are actually the out and in interpolations of the current key. Bezier keyframes are not like bezier vector points.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm Are you saying you want this behavior instead. If so, that ain't going to happen, as a keyframe can only ever encode what happens after it, not before. So an out-interpolation handle from the current key and an in-interpolation handle on the next key are actually the out and in interpolations of the current key. Bezier keyframes are not like bezier vector points.
mmmm . I saw this type of interpolation just in moho. other apps like maya 3ds max blender after effects and every app I saw until now dont act like moho.However, this was just a suggestion .
Of course, I understand that moho method also has its own advantages
thanks.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm sure some apps display the underlying data to you that way, but that's not really how keyframes work. Interpolation is always the type of motion between two keyframes. Moho bezier keyframes only change the interpolation between that key and the next (two keyframes), where bezier keyframes in things like AE change the interpolation of that key and both the preceding and next key (three keyframes). So if you've set, say, an ease-in/ease-out keyframe, if you made the next key a bezier, you'd be undoing the ease-in of the previous keyframe.

You can accomplish the exact same motion curves in either.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

davoodice2 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 am hello again

keyframe interpolation will only affect the current frame and not the next frame.

for excample make frame 20 bezier create 2 handle for in/out for frame 20 and the next key frame Stay as it is.

like this
make bezier in middle frame created 2 tangent in\out
I think you can do what you want if you have 3 bezier interp keys in a row.
e.g.
key on frame 0 (i.e. the very first animation key) - will have an "out" handle
key on frame 20 - will have an in and out handle
key on frame 40 - will have an "in" handle and, if the key after that is not a bezier (or there isn't one) it won't have an out handle.

I'm assuming you know how to get at the handles in the motion graph ... if not just shout
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Yes i knew this. Bus i want do this with one frame edit. Not 4 frame edit
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

How is that a 4 frame edit?

In other apps, even though it's displaying it as a single-frame edit, it's actually editing the interpolation between three keyframes. Moho displays it as the interpolation between only two keyframes (the definition of interpolation), but you're just so use to other apps that you interpret that as editing both keys, which it is not doing.

So you're saying you want to only edit one keyframe (like Moho does), but in reality, you're editing two keyframes in your other apps.