Moho 13.5.1 Smartbones rename bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gosha

Moho 13.5.1 Smartbones rename bug

Post by Gosha »

Hello!
In Moho 13.5.1 on Windows 10 I noticed that when I change the name of smartbone or change the name of action, it ceases to be smartbone and becomes a regular bone. In previous versions, I could rename the smartbone and it would remain a smartbone and everything worked well. But now I can't rename the bone, because it stops working like a smartbone and disappears from the tab with smartbones.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 13.5.1 Smartbones rename bug

Post by synthsin75 »

In v13.0 you could rename smart bones without losing the smart action connection, but that introduced a huge bug where you couldn't create any new smart bones, and there was no way for the user to fix it. So 13.5 reverted to having bone name and action name match (as smart bones have always worked), where the user can readily fix any problems. If you rename a bone, just rename the smart actions to match.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, if you were using Smart Bones in 13.0, don't expect Moho 13.5.1 to work exactly the same way. As Wes indicated, the Smart Bones system in 13.0 introduced a whole slew of problems, especially whenever you wanted to re-purpose a rig or parts of a rig into another character.

Trust me, the way Smart Bones works in Moho 13.5.1 (and 12.5 and earlier,) is more reliable and far more flexible.
Gosha

Post by Gosha »

Thanks for answers! I got it