Holy COW OMG! Lost Marble is back with Moho???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

Re: Holy COW OMG! Lost Marble is back with Moho???

Post by 3deeguy »

@heyvern, I'm an unknown username in the crowd but I'm glad to see you back too. I had a tough time grasping the concept of 'masking' as a beginner so I really appreciated your masking tutorial.
Cheers, Larry
pihms

Post by pihms »

It’s nice to hear from a familiar and wise person. Good to have you back.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks for the kind words! I recognize the avatars if not the usernames. :D
It's going to take a while to get back up to speed. Haven't been using Moho "full time" for a while. I only had v12 for a long time. Lots of WICKED new features.

This is probably the very last thing I produced with Moho? Anime Studio? What was it called in v12?

This was an intro for some comedy videos my brother made during the pandemic lockdowns. We all got a bit stir crazy.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Nifty animation. I like how the letters spun and arrived at their locations at the end.

Hey, the message board says it is your birthday. Happy birthday!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes! It's my b-day! I've decided that I am 37 from now on. It's not even remotely accurate but it makes me feel good and simplifies things. The odd thing is now my brother and I are both the same age even though we are ten years apart. Not sure how that happened. :wink:

By the way HopToad, I animated that text using a menu script that comes with Moho Pro I wrote years ago. I am shocked it still works after so many updates. Maybe someone tweaked it?

It's in the script menu under "Text" called "Spinning Text v1.0". You start with a single layer of "outlined text" with individual letter shapes on a vector layer. The script has a bunch of presets to use or you can tweak the values. It can also work on any individual shapes as well.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Heyvern, Good to see you back.

Dale
Designspaceman

Post by Designspaceman »

The Moho Forum Legend is back! Good to have you here again!
Greetings from the Spaceman
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Welcome back, Big V!! You were kinda like my virtual (then Anime Studio Pro) mentor 15-some years ago. So good to hear from you again after so long. =]
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks guys! It is great to be back. I've already dove head first into fixing up old scripts that have gotten lost along the way side. So many changes, so many new features to learn.

I was discouraged for a while when Lostmarble didn't have "control" of Moho so I was sad and didn't do that much with it. Now, I want to try out some stuff I've put off. I would love a really good midi import script. It would be cool to be able to import a midi file and assign tracks to bones or something. I did something many years ago similar to this for animating a bazillion read along book animations based on a sound file and a text file. I used a sound file and scripted it to bounce a ball over the words based on the text file and the names of layers. The same thing should be simple enough importing and parsing a midi file.

Anyway, I am back... uh... er... not stronger, not better... just back. :)
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

heyvern wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:37 am Now, I want to try out some stuff......
JSON export would be a monumental game changer for Lost Marble. Just sayin'. =]
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Gnaws wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:59 am JSON export would be a monumental game changer for Lost Marble. Just sayin'. =]
Oh lord I was so sad when Mike changed the file format. Being able to edit Moho files in a plain text editor was FANTASTIC.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

heyvern wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:12 am Oh lord I was so sad when Mike changed the file format. Being able to edit Moho files in a plain text editor was FANTASTIC.
You still can. A .moho file is now just an archive (that you can open with 7zip, etc.) that contains the thumbnail jpg and plain text JSON file.
The JSON file has all the whitespace removed, so it helps to beautify it with Python to make it readable. It's organized a bit different from the old format, but not drastically so.

So just a few more steps involved, but nothing that can't be automated with scripting.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:18 am You still can. A .moho file is now just an archive (that you can open with 7zip, etc.) that contains the thumbnail jpg and plain text JSON file.
The JSON file has all the whitespace removed, so it helps to beautify it with Python to make it readable. It's organized a bit different from the old format, but not drastically so.

So just a few more steps involved, but nothing that can't be automated with scripting.
FLIPPING HECK!!!! Yeehaaa! Sheesh. Got another new thing to play with now. This is great news.

Gnaws you mentioned "export to json" for Moho. What purpose would that have outside of Moho? Would this be something to use in other applications or more of a "round trip" type thing allowing editing of json and reimporting?
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

At the end of the day....exporting JSON data (including images) to a Runtime that Unity understands.

If / when Unity understand what Moho is bringing? Um....incredible....maybe?
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

As an example, look at Spine. Probably industry leader with this.

IMO Moho has the same muscle - it just can't export all bone & image links (via JSON) to a format Unity understands.

My understanding is that it would require a Moho Runtime. Which would be kinda mind-blowing. Kinda.

(nods to applause for under-statement)