copy and paste keys doesnt work

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

copy and paste keys doesnt work

Post by davoodice2 »

hi when I select a group of keys of separate channels of bones ,copy and paste keys doesn't work correctly. I think it happen for 2 keys when their values has not changed. thanks
https://pasteboard.co/K9iPD4b.jpg
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Greenlaw

Re: copy and paste keys doesnt work

Post by Greenlaw »

That's interesting. I don't think I've ever had to split the channels in the timeline for a Bone before so I never noticed this. (It's the same in Moho 12.5 too.) If I rejoin the channels, I can copy and paste the keys just fine.

This could be a bug but I'm not sure. I don't think splitting channels for Bones in Moho completely separates them other than for timing purposes, but when I slide the keys individually, they don't move completely freely in both directions. This seems to be by design, but I'm not sure why. Since the channels for the key appear to still be linked as a pair, maybe that's why you can't copy/paste an individual key channel, X or Y. But I don't know why copy/paste doesn't work when you select both keys for both X & Y channels.

When I checked the docs for more info, it only mentions Separate Dimensions for Layers, not individual Bones. Will ask about it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

In the meantime, can you just re-join the keys, copy and paste the single key, and then separate them again if you need to?
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
My main goal of seperating channel is fix foot sliding in walk cycle for leg ik. I want to linear x keys but smooth y keys.
If you have noticed it works correctly if value of keys be diffrent.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

I have noticed this too with bone transforms, and from earlier posts (Disappearing Keyframes) it seems to be some kinda bone transform 'keyframe saver' logic. i.e. If you try and copy paste an X value between 2 keys with that same X value - it won't paste it, because the value hasn't changed. Similarly with a bunch of keyframes - it only pastes the keyframes that would change the relevant dimension values.

The main issues I have with this is:
1) It only appears to affect split Bone transform keys. Thus it is inconsistent behaviour when compared to split Layer and split Point transforms - or any Joined transform keys.
2) There have been multiple cases where I wanted to exactly duplicate the keyframe sequence of split dimensions and then alter it, and this bug/feature makes that painful.

In the below example - the values of blue X's and green Y's are the same respectively, but the orange Y differs from the green. When I copy/paste the block - only the orange Y value is pasted. I can understand the logic of not pasting the blue X's (even though I don't agree with it), but the Y animation is now messed up - because the green Y's were not pasted.

I definitely consider this to be a Bug. Copy/Paste should do just that!

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I see what you mean. I was going to take a closer look tonight but it looks like you figured out what's going on here. Thanks for sharing what you found! I'll point the devs to this thread.
rafael

Post by rafael »

Yeah, this bug has been around for a long time. I just re-submitted a ticket recently since Moho has new owners. They said they'd pass it on to the devs.
It's a pretty big issue for me, as I animate with separated dimensions a lot.

There's (I'm guessing) a related bug with separated layer transforms too. If you set a key on a layer by clicking on the layer, separate the dimensions, move down the timeline a bit, and then click to create another set of keys, it won't make them. You CAN however copy/paste individual keys when it's a layer transform.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

AND Freeze frames for seperated dimensions bone doesnt work too. :(
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

please solve this bug. :cry: :cry: :cry: