Anyone interested in a Discord?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Re: Anyone interested in a Discord?

Post by Hoptoad »

I agree with the above post.

I use Discord to communicate with my daughters: sending photos, links, messages, and the like -- even when they're in the other room. And I've used Discord on a Minecraft server to communicate with other players. Discord is significantly different than a forum, imo.

Analogy alert!

Imagine Moho as a feature-length film on DVD. This forum is like the bonus DVD that has special features and commentary about the movie.

Discord, on the other hand, is like being in a room with other fans of the movie and chatting about it.

Both have their purpose and one is not better than the other, blah blah blah. But I prefer the bonus DVD.
LeviEnton

Post by LeviEnton »

A Discord Server would be great! Internet forums can be a little dated and slow, which is good for certain things especially Problems, since the anwsers will usually more detailed than in a big chat room. But i find disscussions to be so much easier on with a chat. Also, it would be a lot easier to come over if the disscussions are happening in a accessable program like Discord.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have to say I do remember a long time ago, some years ago, I used a program called Animation:Master. There was a really fun BBS... oh lord, yes a freaking bulletin board system, where all the users of Animation:Master would hang out and just chat live for hours. It was a ton of fun. I am guessing that Discord has that same kind of vibe? The Moho Discord server could be a place where we could hang out and chat live with other users?