Moho 13.5.1 update is available!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Moho 13.5.1 update is available!

Post by Víctor Paredes »

droptoons wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm It is a really great software that I have used for years (https://droptoons.com), since Anime Studio. However, any newer version is pretty useless to me, since I can't use MP3 audio...all my current projects have mp3 audio.
Please fix this! I really don't look forward to converting all my audio to OOG and the problems that will ensue.
I'm sorry about that. We had to remove some formats from the software for technical reasons, but I hope we can add mp3 back at some point.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
droptoons

Post by droptoons »

Thank you! Please let us know when this happens.
perihelion74

Post by perihelion74 »

Dont want to sound like a spoiled brat but..... GAAAAAAAH! Still no improvements to multicore rendering on AMD systems!
Karkass

Post by Karkass »

Good day, I still cannot export mp4 movies with sound, the 3 attemps I made are still unplayable.
p8guitar

Post by p8guitar »

After the installation of the 13.5.1 update, the installer wanted to update a library, but this didn't work, the window froze and nothing happened. Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact name - content folder library, Factory content library?
did anyone experience this, too?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Try re-pointing Moho to your Content Folder. You can do that from Preferences. If necessary, I think Moho will try to update it again. If it's not necessary, it probably won't do anything.

If it locks up again, my guess is that something got corrupted. In this case, it might be prudent to uninstall Moho completely and reinstall it.
p8guitar

Post by p8guitar »

I thought the library update is a part of the 13.5.1 update, but as noone experienced this library update, it might be just an error message. The Factory Content Library look familiar, I think there is no issue with this. The content folder library contains just an empty folder called pasted images. But this might be ok, too, because I didn't use the content folder library so far I think.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I have the pasted images Library as well, not sure why thats there. But I have the Factory content and another content folder with my stuff all in tact. The program might have got confused with 13.0 or 12.5 which I still have.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

SuperSGL wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:48 am I have the pasted images Library as well, not sure why thats there...
Libary/Pasted Images is where Moho stores, well, pasted images...but only if you set Moho to do so in Preferences. (Choose option: Library Pasted images Folder.)

For example, when you right-click copy an image in a web browser, and then paste it into a Moho project, it will appear in the workspace...but of course, the image file needs to exist somewhere on your computer, so Moho will save a copy of the file to the chosen folder. In this case, that is the Library folder. Other folder options are Ask, Shared Resources, Project, and Selected Folder (choose your own default folder.)

This is different from drag-and-drop. When you drag and drop an image from your computer, Moho links to the original image file, it doesn't re-save the image.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Thanks for the explanation I never would have figured that out. The library's start to get confusing especially now the original 13.0 seems to have it's own content library with the 'Family on the planet animation' in it and nothing else. It was probably something I did but not sure anymore.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

dueyftw wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:17 pm
droptoons wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm It is a really great software that I have used for years (https://droptoons.com), since Anime Studio. However, any newer version is pretty useless to me, since I can't use MP3 audio...all my current projects have mp3 audio.

Please fix this! I really don't look forward to converting all my audio to OOG and the problems that will ensue.
Like Flash the format is being fazed out.
I had to look into this. In short, the MP3 format will still be supported for decades to come even tho the original developers have ceased their licensing agreement (that was years ago). Was worried there for a minute.
eleos

Post by eleos »

I Have issues with the autosave, moho regularly crashes after 2 hours. then after that happens i loss all my progress within those 2 hours because it decided to do autosave, idk if you can change the time for the autosave. but it happens to me so regular. i have yet to find a work around this (i turned off the autosave for now i'll see if this changed anything), and it's frustrating because there's nothing i can do with the files it autosaved it just says 0KB (assuming it didn't really save anything but just a husk of a file)

I suggest a fix would be that you're given an option to for autosaves
a. how long the interval autosaves are like every 2 hours or 20 mins etc.
b. does it do it automatically or do you want a warning (could also serve as a short break time)
c. when it's autosaving don't let the user move anything there will be a progress bar showing it's autosaving.

I'm assuming it's crashing because i'm moving something mid save and it's trying to save what i'm doing while i'm doing it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

eleos wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am I Have issues with the autosave, moho regularly crashes after 2 hours.
If you really need auto-saving, with Moho's disabled, you could try my auto-save script: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... xX5gh9TCkC
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

eleos wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am I Have issues with the autosave, moho regularly crashes after 2 hours.
To be clear, is this with the latest version 13.5.1? Auto-save crashing was a problem in the very earliest 12.0 releases, but was fixed almost immediately, then it resurfaced with 13.5 and I believe it was worked on for 13.5.1, so just checking if it needs to be looked at some more. Also, what OS are you using? If you can provide any more technical info and anything specific you might be doing, this might get solved quicker. I can let the devs know in case they miss your post.

FWIW, I keep Auto-Save enabled and I ran it for several hours at work last week without crashing. (Running with latest Win 10 update and latest nvidia drivers.) Regardless, it's a habit of mine to make frequent incremental saves in any program I'm working in, with Auto-Save enabled or disabled.

That said, I recommend trying Wes' script too. I haven't used it with Moho 13.5.1 but it worked well for me in the past, and it can even save incremented versions automatically!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

eleos wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am I Have issues with the autosave, moho regularly crashes after 2 hours. then after that happens i loss all my progress within those 2 hours because it decided to do autosave, idk if you can change the time for the autosave. but it happens to me so regular. i have yet to find a work around this (i turned off the autosave for now i'll see if this changed anything), and it's frustrating because there's nothing i can do with the files it autosaved it just says 0KB (assuming it didn't really save anything but just a husk of a file)
Yes, that happened to me a few times too. I thought that I needed the autosave feature because Moho crashed frecuently, but turned out that the auto-save feature was the culprit of the crashes and I am happy to say that the latest Moho version (13.5.1) has been super stable for me (not a single crash) since I disabled the auto-save feature.
synthsin75 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:08 am If you really need auto-saving, with Moho's disabled, you could try my auto-save script: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... xX5gh9TCkC
I'm used to save frecuently now but that is a better solution while we wait for an official fix. Thanks Wes.

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:20 pm To be clear, this is with the latest version 13.5.1? Auto-save crashing was a problem in the very earliest 12.0 releases, but was fixed almost immediately, then it resurfaced with 13.5 and I believe it was worked on for 13.5.1, so just checking if it needs to be looked at some more. Also, what OS are you using? If you can provide any more technical info and anything specific you might be doing, this might get solved quicker. I can let the devs know in case they miss your post.
Yes I can confirm that I kept having those crashes with 0kb autosaved files with 13.5.1. I can't remember anything specific about what I was doing, but I am pretty sure that disabling auto-save solved the issue because I haven't had a single crash since I disabled it. Win10, AMD drivers.