Export Preview Range

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Export Preview Range

Post by SuperSGL »

Maybe it's just me but sometimes I want to render out an animation using the partial segment I set up like just frames 24 to 96 (for example) There is a preview range which comes in handy but would still like to be able to see full render on occasions. I'm just lazy and don't want to have to type in the frame values :roll: :)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Export Preview Range

Post by Greenlaw »

Use Moho Exporter...

1. Open Moho Exporter and load the project. (Currently open projects should load automatically.)

2. Set the render range to your 'preview' range, and then save a profile. For example, set the range to 012 to 096, and then save the profile as something like 'MyPoject_f024-096' so you can identify it.

3. Close Moho Exporter.

Now, when you open Moho Exporter, the currently open file will load with the full render range. However...if you want the limited render range you set earlier, delete the project and choose the profile you created from the Open Recent Profile menu. The file will re-loaded but with the limited frame range.

Setting this up takes a minute but once you have the profile saved, it's mainly just selecting it from the list, or loading it from file if it's not on the list.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

+1, if you'll need the specific range several times but you could as well quickly limit the work area, on the timeline.

Alt+LMB & Alt+RMB on the timeline to set the range.
The export panel and Preview animation would use such range as duration and once done, Undo twice and the range is brought back to the previous (full?) range.
rafael

Post by rafael »

This would be a really great feature to add.

I find that I'm constantly setting different frame ranges and doing renders because I can't view masked items etc., directly in the editor. A checkbox you can click that auto-sets the export to the preview range would be perfect.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's a good idea! I'll make the suggestion.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

It actually looks and reacts like a button for 'Entire Animation' (It's clickable) but doesn't do anything other than reset your animation to the full range. Be nice to have a drop down right there for (rendered) preview range.
Thanks greenlaw for the ideas. It's usually spontaneous renders don't know if I would need to save the range. If I do it once as was said I can just do previous export render
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, if it's spontaneous, definitely do what Maestral suggests.

The shortcut keys are very handy for making quick adjustments to the preview and render ranges. Since the range settings are easily undoable, that's perfect for 'one-off' renders of a temporary range.

@Maestral, I wasn't aware that range changes were undoable. Thanks for mentioning it!
rafael

Post by rafael »

Ha! I temporarily seem to have forgotten that Moho does indeed change the frame range according to the preview range. So weird. I was living in an alternate reality there for bit.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:57 pm... I wasn't aware that range changes were undoable.
Just another accidental/easter egg finding.
At some point, I expected something else to respond to Undo. The additional one was as expected but it took me some time to figure out where the 1st one went :)