Moho 3DJeep

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Moho 3DJeep

Post by DK »

Hi.
Just wanted to share this Jeep I made using Moho layers for a personal project. I got sick of re-drawing
the damn jeep in various angles :) It's made for 2D characters to sit in so the interior is very basic.
Here is the file:
http://www.creativetvandmedia.com/Forum/JeepZip.zip (Updated from thread 2 pivot points)
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=34201

I know there are some pretty clever artists on the forum. Please post your Jeep Variations here.
Cheers
D.K

NOTE: Wish there was a way to "LOCK" layers so they don't poke through as depth sorting is not ideal
when it comes to placing internal layers within a structure.

The tyres are made of separate Moho layers as the 3D objects imported details are not easy to control.

Cheers
D.K
Last edited by DK on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 3DJeep

Post by synthsin75 »

That looks pretty solid, especially for a cartoon style.
DK

Post by DK »

After a bit of experimenting I actually found a way of keeping two problematic layers in tow. If you group them together and place the offending layer on top of the one you want to stay underneath this works!
D.K
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Cool! I also have a car in a personal project, so I feel your pain. I found lot of photos of the specific car online at various angles, so that helped.

No tail lights?
DK

Post by DK »

Ahh. Hoptoad. Thanks. I will research and add .
D.K

EDIT: Added tail lights.
If any one is interested in making variations of this model please post your variations here.
The model is quite easy to change, Just navigate to the correct layer and change it as you like.
TIP: Use the Orbit tool to rotate the model and adjust the layers.

Cheers
D.K
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I downloaded the file. Thanks.

I wondered if you were joking when you said the model would be easy to change, but you're right. I changed the color of a hubcap and added more lug nuts, no problem.

Rather than change your whole Jeep into my car, though, I might just rotate it to a good angle, and then move some points around on my car layers as needed. I haven't storyboarded the car scenes yet. I'm hoping I can get away with as little animation as possible.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's remarkable! Creating a 360 degree smoothly turning vehicle in a 2D program like Moho is quite an accomplishment. Nice job! :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I tried replacing the wheels with simpler Moho 3D vectors, but it seems they don't play as nicely with sorting by depth. No, looking at it again, it seems the original has this problem too.

At a bare minimum, I would suggest putting each wheel in a group rotated 90˚, to make animating their rolling easier, like I've done on the front left wheel:
http://www.filedropper.com/3djeep
DK

Post by DK »

Nice one Wes. Thanks Greenlaw. just a lot of time and patience really and I also had the motivation to do it for a personal project I am working on which is a comic.Having to redraw the Jeep at different angles was becoming way too complicated but didn't want to make a 3D Lightwave model as you don't have the control over the way outlines are displayed in Moho so a vector layered Moho object does the trick :)
Cheers
D.K

EDIT: Also, I was quite surprised to see how relatively easy it was to construct using the orbit tool in Moho. I think I will create a few more of these in the near future as Comic props.
DK

Post by DK »

Just added Tread to the tyres.