Tutorial: Animate using Bone Dynamics and automatic Wind

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Tutorial: Animate using Bone Dynamics and automatic Wind

Post by Víctor Paredes »

In this tutorial I teach you how to set up and create automatic animation using Bone dynamics and the new Wind feature.
Bone dynamics allow you to automatically add secondary animation and follow through to your characters, giving you total control over how you want things to move.
On the other hand, Wind is the newest addition to the powerful and easy to use Physics tool-set Moho offers. Take absolute control over the strength, direction and turbulence of wind and make your scenes come alive in minutes.
This tutorial also covers a brief introduction to Moho's Cycles keyframes and how to get the most out of them.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
SuperSGL

Re: Tutorial: Animate using Bone Dynamics and automatic Wind

Post by SuperSGL »

Great tutorial Thank you Victor! I learned a lot on the key framing of cycles, I always added too much on one cycle so If I changed anything it would break the cycle. Also, I can't believe I never tried selecting 2 bones for the scale at the same time, I always select one then the other :oops:
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
DK

Post by DK »

Great tutorial once more Victor.
Would have liked a bit of a glimpse at the other cycle settings too? Additive Cycle, Hold Duration, Interval.
Cheers
D.K
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I don't have the link but there is a walk cycle tutorial (I think it was Victor) using additive cycle was really good. Easy to follow and I used it on one of my characters and worked like a charm.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations