moho 13.5 is very unstable

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

moho 13.5 is very unstable

Post by davoodice2 »

hi. based on my previous experience on moho 12.5 I think moho 13.5 is very unstable and crash frequently. I dont talk about simple scenes.

cpu ryzen 7 3700x
gpu rtx 2060 super
ram 32 gigabytes
wundows 10
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Greenlaw

Re: moho 13.5 is very unstable

Post by Greenlaw »

Try disabling AutoSave. I've kept this feature disabled off since the initial release of 13.5, and the program has been very stable for me.

Version 12.0 had a similar problem in the beginning and it took a few updates for this bug to get squashed for that version. I'm guessing the same or similar bug has creeped back in for Moho 13.5. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

In the meantime, try disabling AutoSave, and manually and incrementally saving your files often (which everyone should be doing anyway, in any program.)

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

In my experience there is usually a broken reference causing slowdowns and crashes. You can delete it and create it again. There is also a script that removes negative keyframes that can be problematic (my problem is always a broken ref though).

I haven't tested 13.5 too much yet but what I can say is that there seems to be something wrong with the autosave feature because it has given me this "Failed to parse JSON document" error two times when trying to retrieve a save after a crash.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:13 pm Try disabling AutoSave. I've kept this feature disabled off since the initial release of 13.5, and the program has been very stable for me.

Version 12.0 had a similar problem in the beginning and it took a few updates for this bug to get squashed for that version. I'm guessing the same or similar bug has creeped back in for Moho 13.5. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

In the meantime, try disabling AutoSave, and manually and incrementally saving your files often (which everyone should be doing anyway, in any program.)

Hope this helps.
you right. I disabled autosave and program has been stable. thanks.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش