moho 13.5 custom shortcuts file breaks and get removed

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

moho 13.5 custom shortcuts file breaks and get removed

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

this is the second or third time it happens ...i set a custom shortcuts file and at the end of the day it stopped working and a message that your custom shortcuts file may be broken and when i restart moho it deletes the file automatic .... and it drives me crazy to set a custom shortcuts file every time :( :? :roll:
Greenlaw

Re: moho 13.5 custom shortcuts file breaks and get removed

Post by Greenlaw »

That's really strange. I've been using 13.5 for several weeks and haven't seen that error. I use custom shortcuts because it's required by my MQC tool. After choosing the MQC13.5 settings, it's never dropped or lost these settings.

After creating/selecting custom shortcuts, are you quitting Moho so it can save the changes? I'm not sure this is necessary, but I do this out of habit in most programs I use after making changes to Preferences and other system-related options.

Also, try removing the custom shortcuts file completely and have Moho build new ones from scratch. Maybe there is something wrong with the one you've been using.

Don't know if any of the above will help, but good luck!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

this might be another symptom of the non-English letters in path / file names problem ... can you check the filename you give to your shortcuts and also to the full directory path name ... if that isn't it and Greenlaw's ideas don't help either .. well ... just keep asking!
rocken

Post by rocken »

Please about the MQC Hotkeys, could hide/show TOOLS, TIMELINE, LAYERS be added. Please...Just as I can click on STYLE and it hides and reveals it....
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

rocken wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:19 pm Please about the MQC Hotkeys, could hide/show TOOLS, TIMELINE, LAYERS be added.
Hi Rocken,

Thanks for asking. I'm wondering why you need buttons for these three windows? Normally, I want these three to be visible all the time, which is why the buttons don't exist. For example, Actions is only used when I'm rigging, and Style is mainly used only when I'm drawing, so it's helpful to hide these two windows when I switch my focus to animation. But I need the Tools, Timeline and Layers windows open at every working stage in Moho.

Are you asking for separate buttons for each of these windows, or a single button to hide all of them? I guess the latter makes sense to hide the UI so you can look at the workspace unobstructed? If this is the reason, in Moho you can use Alt-1 to hide everything. Again, I didn't make a button for this because it's something I don't typically do, (I just click the Prev button instead,) but I can see how a 'Hide UI' button could be useful.

When I have time, I'll think about making an extended version of MQC. FWIW, the uncompiled script is included in the .zip, and it can be customized. The script is fairly basic and should be easy to figure out.

Edit: I'm going to add a Hide UI button...I think I can use that, and can add it without making the MQC window bigger.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

This happened to me twice, using Moho 12.5. Fortunately I had that file under a version control system using Git, so I could recover the file and I also could see the problem. It was that when I tried to bind some shortcut to the space key, or a combination that involved the space, a strange character appeared on the part of the file that keeps track of that shortcut. I think it was the same problem the second time.
I think that my install path is fine.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Daxel wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 pm This happened to me twice...when I tried to bind some shortcut to the space key, or a combination that involved the space, a strange character appeared on the part of the file that keeps track of that shortcut.
Interesting. I don't think I've tried that, but it sounds like a bug to me. If I'm feeling dangerous this weekend, will try it to see what happens. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In neither 13.5 or 12.5 will Moho let me assign space as a shortcut key, on Windows. It gives a warning saying space, return, etc. cannot be used.
Are these happening on Mac?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Now that I'm trying to remember, I have the memory of not being sure if the problem was what I was trying to bind (the space or a combination with space), or that I tried to cancel or undo that bind with the wrong key. I think that I tried to undo it with the delete, backspace or esc key and that caused the problem. If I remember correctly, a square symbol appeared as the key binded.

I was on Windows 10
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah, it's backspace or esc. When you hit space (or other reserved keys), it gives the warning, but hitting backspace (like trying to delete a shortcut assignment) or esc, it puts an unknown character, corrupting that shortcuts file. I'll report this.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good catch guys! (Now I don't have to live dangerously this weekend.) :)
rocken

Post by rocken »

Hello Greenlaw,
Glad that you are going to give it a look
dont know jack about scripting. Really appreciate your effort
Greenlaw wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:54 pm
rocken wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:19 pm Please about the MQC Hotkeys, could hide/show TOOLS, TIMELINE, LAYERS be added.
Hi Rocken,

Thanks for asking. I'm wondering why you need buttons for these three windows? Normally, I want these three to be visible all the time, which is why the buttons don't exist. For example, Actions is only used when I'm rigging, and Style is mainly used only when I'm drawing, so it's helpful to hide these two windows when I switch my focus to animation. But I need the Tools, Timeline and Layers windows open at every working stage in Moho.

Are you asking for separate buttons for each of these windows, or a single button to hide all of them? I guess the latter makes sense to hide the UI so you can look at the workspace unobstructed? If this is the reason, in Moho you can use Alt-1 to hide everything. Again, I didn't make a button for this because it's something I don't typically do, (I just click the Prev button instead,) but I can see how a 'Hide UI' button could be useful.

When I have time, I'll think about making an extended version of MQC. FWIW, the uncompiled script is included in the .zip, and it can be customized. The script is fairly basic and should be easy to figure out.

Edit: I'm going to add a Hide UI button...I think I can use that, and can add it without making the MQC window bigger.