Is there a way to export only a part of the frame?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sketch_Turner

Is there a way to export only a part of the frame?

Post by Sketch_Turner »

I use Moho to create still images as well as animations, and there's one feature which it apparently lacks: the ability to export not the full frame, but just a part of it (when working on a bunch of icons or tiles, for example). In Inkscape this is laughably easy: you simply highlight the required objects and then use the Selection export mode which outputs only the area with these objects. I don't hold much hope that there's a workaround for this in Moho currently (if there is, please do tell), but I think such a feature would be very much appreciated by the users, so, dear devs, maybe consider it for future releases?
slowtiger

Re: Is there a way to export only a part of the frame?

Post by slowtiger »

It's not implemented as a function, but I think you can work around it like this:

On frame 1 you work on your illustration. On any following frames you animate the camera in a way that it zooms in on whatever parts you want to have as a separate export. Now to export a part, just go to that frame/export that frame.

Or, different way, if you need all exported parts to be in exact pixel dimensions to each other:

Put each part into its separate group layer, set up frames that only 1 layer is visible in each.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5