Moho 13 - My foray into bitmap animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Easedale

Moho 13 - My foray into bitmap animation

Post by Easedale »

Never posted my animations here before so am bit nervous. I've been using Moho for about 10 years but am strictly an amateur and now I'm retired have a bit more time to tinker. Completely self taught from internet tutorials, help guide and YouTube.
I've read a lot about the disadvantages of Moho 13 here and how most of you stick with 12.5.
I'd upgraded to 13 before finding these criticisms. My main reason for upgrading was the addition of natural media tools.
From the start I found them a disappointment, very basic compared to most art packages and don't always seem to behave in intuitive ways. Most brushes seemed to give a similar effect when used and all were quite pixelated.
But this year I decided to see if I could create a whole animation using those tools to give a natural media feel. It turned into being the most complex and bulky animation I've ever done and by the end my (fairly good) PC was slowing under the crunching of many image layers and effects. Just about all of the objects make use of masking and 2D nets.
In the end I'm fairly pleased with the result but was frustrated with the shortcomings of the tools. If I did it again I would do all of my natural media fills outside of Moho in Rebelle and import them in.
The animation is inspired by a painting by a local artist who is an illustrator so I have deliberately tried to make it look like a children's book illustration.
So, here it is...
DK

Re: Moho 13 - My foray into bitmap animation

Post by DK »

Simply delightful and soothing to watch. you have a great voice!
Cheers
D.K
Easedale

Post by Easedale »

Thanks DK. Much appreciated.
carsten.j

Post by carsten.j »

Hi,

like this very much. I could be a little bit faster, but well done!