Resizable Custom Toolbar please

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EricTheFish

Resizable Custom Toolbar please

Post by EricTheFish »

As I add more and more buttons to the toolbar, it just gets longer vertically with only 4 icons per row.
It would be really useful to be able to specify how many icons per row you wish to see, which would make the toolbar grow wider rather than just longer. On bigger screens you have the space.
Having a second "custom toolbar" would be even better, then you could group additional tools as you wanted without interfering with the main toolbar.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
Greenlaw

Re: Resizable Custom Toolbar please

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree, the tools windows needs to be more customizable by the user. Being able to define the size, shape (i.e., number of buttons per row) could indeed be very useful.

It would also be cool if we could create custom tool sets that we can select from a list to load as needed.

For me, I decided to limit the number of tools I really need to use, and found I could remove most of what I had installed without affecting my workflow. This is my 'everyday' tool set. Then I created a couple of different sets that I can manually swap out in my Custom Content Folder for special situations. It's not an ideal system but it's working for me for now. (I have an idea for automating this, just haven't had time to try it yet.)

Hope this helps.
EricTheFish

Re: Resizable Custom Toolbar please

Post by EricTheFish »

Interesting, I’m doing something similar. I have a few different custom content folders with a number tagged on the folder names. I just rename whichever folder I need to make it default and reload the tools/menus with the keyboard shortcut.
I agree having a toolbar/menu profile selector would be a cracking solution. :D
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk