Blob brush creating stray points?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Blob brush creating stray points?

Post by SuperSGL »

I reported this to support but they can't recreate it. It's not something I use that much anyway but decided to sketch out something using the blob brush at a low setting around .04 brush radius as I started leaving sketch lines all of a sudden It would create another point (node) off the page. It's a simple fix just delete the point but I'm wondering if anyone is having this issue? I'm using a wacom tablet Intuos Pro M :?: (I did just update the driver to the tablet but same result)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Blob brush creating stray points?

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, it does that sometimes, stray points outside of the render frame. As far as I can tell, this occurs randomly, at least in 12.5 and earlier.

I haven't tested for this in 13.5 yet, but I imagine it still occurs since these tools haven't changed. BTW, are you using Moho 13.5? Just wondering if this is the case.

FYI, I used to see this when using my old Cintiq Companion 2. I'll see if it happens with my Intuos Pro or current Cintiq. I think resolution has something to do with it...I used to get different Freehand/Blob Brush errors between different model Wacom devices, or maybe it was from different screen res settings.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri May 14, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSGL

Re: Blob brush creating stray points?

Post by SuperSGL »

Thought I may have gotten the error in 12.5 as well and still used the intuos pro. I still have 12.5, 13 (for some reason?), and 13.5 mostly using the ladder. One of my old painter programs forget which version but after sketching for awhile it would draw a big fat line down the middle of the document (which wasn't in the UNDO) I had to try and paint it out or erase it :? :x
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations