ik softness for smooth knee binding

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

ik softness for smooth knee binding

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

i would really like ik softness feature like in spine 2d to prevent this snappy leg movement when moving main bone the slightest move :? :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3dLzRV ... medAliAmer
Last edited by AHMED003ADALAT on Mon May 10, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Re: ik softness for smooth knee binding

Post by synthsin75 »

You can "soften" the reaction to a target bone by having it position constrained to another bone at less than 1.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree.

In Moho, Target Bones are either on or off, and there's no ramping into the constraint. This works ok and I can certainly work around the limitations because, well, because I have to...but it would be nice if Moho allowed us to ease into Target Bone constraints, especially between multiple Target Bones. It's a feature I use a lot in 3D animation rigs and sometimes wish I could do in Moho.

I wish we had this for other Constraints too, like Independent Angle for example. Sometimes I want this option on, and sometimes I want it off...and if I could do that, I'd like to be able to ease into it. Right now, it's either on or off for the entire project. Again, there are ways to work around this, but I wish I didn't have to.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

guys i put a gif in the post ( finallyyy ) to show u the issue i have .... i got lots of responses on facebook but wasn't very practical :? :|
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Have you tried scaling the bones down and giving them the ability to IK stretch in the bone constraints dropdown menu?
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

Lukas wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm Have you tried scaling the bones down and giving them the ability to IK stretch in the bone constraints dropdown menu?
someone sent this way in facebook post .... it made it good but it doesn't bend until he's way down like an elf which is weird :? :|

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Lukas wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm Have you tried scaling the bones down and giving them the ability to IK stretch in the bone constraints dropdown menu?
someone sent this way in facebook post .... it made it good but it doesn't bend until he's way down like an elf which is weird :? :|
Then don't scale the bones down so far, and maybe even give them a little extra stretch.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for posting the GIF...yeah, this is different from what I'm talking about.

FWIW, I don't see this problem, but I'm probably animating to avoid it. A few months ago, I animated dancing characters for a show, with IK on the legs and lots of repetitive bouncing motions. I used IK stretching on the legs, but nothing extra, and the moves were smooth. (The show hasn't aired yet...will point it out when it does.)
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thxxx guys for all ur replies ....i'm now trying ur suggestions and once i've figure it out i'll keep u updated :) :wink:
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

ok guys here is an update ... i managed to reduce snapping by using move targeted joint by mult rush which is super useful .... i simply select 2 leg bones and use script to bend them on keyframes before and after the bend and that just smooths the bend and snapping :) :wink: :lol: