Keyboard shortcuts

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slice11217

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by slice11217 »

I like Moho, it does a lot of things that no other software seems to be able to, let alone understand that there's any demand for what Moho does.

That said, there are a few things that I'd like to see in future versions of Moho. I think it'd be fantastically helpful if some of the key commands were similar to those that are present in other software. Most particularly, if (on the Mac) command + and command - were used to zoom in and out of an image instead of having to select the zoom tool, zoom in, select the hand tool, move the workspace to where you want it, etc., etc.

Also, I'd like to see the space bar used to toggle the hand tool from whatever tool currently selected. I know that the space bar is used to play the animation on the timeline, but couldn't something else be used instead, like <return>?

Additionally, please don't get rid of manual binding of anchor points to bones. The automatic function doesn't always give me the results I'd like on its own, even when I try to customize it.

Thanks a lot guys, and keep up the great work.

By the way, where is LostMarble on the planet?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I second your move for better shortcuts on the Mac. But in the meantime you'll get along fine with a two button mouse with a scroll wheel. The wheel is for magnifying / reducing the view, the right button for moving the stage.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is absolutely no reason not to have a two button mouse on the Mac. Apple even makes one now... though it is lacking in features and a bit pricey.

There are plenty of reasonably cheap two button (or more) optical mice for Mac that are a joy to use with Moho... plus many other apps like internet browsing! Microsoft Word! My favorite 3D application!

I never use the key commands or buttons for zooming or scrolling anymore in Moho... just zip around my screen with the mouse.

Ever since I started using two buttons with a scroll wheel on the Mac... I can't imagine what I did without one... er... two.

Funny... a fellow Mac user thought I was using a PC because I told him to "right click".... <sigh> I take it for granted.

I currently use a Wacom Mouse/Pen combo... love it to death.

-Vern
Postality

Post by Postality »

if LM started changing up the keyboard shortcuts now it would throw off all thier longtime users, and cause thier production to slow while they adapt to the new shortcuts.

Not a good idea in my opinion. it would be easier for a new user to adapt to moho than it would to change them and mess the existing users up.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
7feet

Post by 7feet »

But if you do want to change any (or all, for that matter) of the keyboard shortcuts, You can get the moho.strings file (http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/extras/t ... ions.shtml) and between that and the _tool_list.txt file you can change just about anything you want.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Postality wrote:if LM started changing up the keyboard shortcuts now it would throw off all thier longtime users, and cause thier production to slow while they adapt to the new shortcuts.

Not a good idea in my opinion. it would be easier for a new user to adapt to moho than it would to change them and mess the existing users up.
It's interesting you respond that way because while such a change sounds earth-shatteringly catastrophic in your opinion, it's really only been a minor speed bump for the millions of Photoshop and Illustrator users who have had changes in keyboard commands for every upgrade since 1995!