Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working ( SOLVED )

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

opeth

Re: Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working

Post by opeth »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 pm Can you post a link to a few of the images you're having trouble with?

When you open a working moho 13 file, the visuals come like this. No problems with character and vector illustrations
Moho 13 / 13.5 MacBook Pro 16'2 M1 Max 32gb.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Seems to be an insurmountable language barrier going on here.

Good luck!
opeth

Post by opeth »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:01 am Seems to be an insurmountable language barrier going on here.

Good luck!

When I drag and drop any jpeg on the desktop, an error comes up like this.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hi, the only thing I can think is there is a problem when tryin to load images/resources from a directory containing some special characters (I mean non-English ones, like á, é, í, ö...). Do you have by chance some of these characters for example in your Windows username? That would explain why you are not able to load images for example from your desktop, since Desktop directory is inside the folder Windows create with your user name, in my case: "C:\Users\Ramon0\Desktop" (normally there shouldn't be problems, but it's like a good practice to avoid special/non-english characters in folders names, that's precisely the reason I don't use "Ramón" as a Windows username or any special character elsewhere in general, overall for project's related files or folders). Hope it helps...
opeth

Post by opeth »

Ramón López wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:41 am Hi, the only thing I can think is there is a problem when tryin to load images/resources from a directory containing some special characters (I mean non-English ones, like á, é, í, ö...). Do you have by chance some of these characters for example in your Windows username? That would explain why you are not able to load images for example from your desktop, since Desktop directory is inside the folder Windows create with your user name, in my case: "C:\Users\Ramon0\Desktop" (normally there shouldn't be problems, but it's like a good practice to avoid special/non-english characters in folders names, that's precisely the reason I don't use "Ramón" as a Windows username or any special character elsewhere in general, overall for project's related files or folders). Hope it helps...
I have never had such a problem while using Moho 13 and I still do not have it. My username contains English characters. I really don't know why, I've been working for 2-3 hours, there is nothing I haven't tried
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I tried drag and drop in Moho 12.5, 13.0, and 13.5, and it works fine in all versions.

I'm still thinking this is a path or filename issue. Can you post the paths and filenames of the project file and image file you're having trouble with? You need to show the exact text in use so we can see if there are any illegal characters Moho is having trouble with. The screencaps you posted so far are not very helpful since they illustrate only what you already described.

Otherwise, at this point, the best thing is to get in touch with Lost Marble, explain the error, and send them the info and content we mentioned (project file with images, pathnames used, etc.) If the problem does exist with Moho 13.5, they can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Hope you get this solved soon. I know it would really frustrate me if it was happening here.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mionorz

Post by mionorz »

Hello, everyone.
I'm aware of this problem and have filed a bug report on the forums.

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=33938

I'm a Japanese MOHO user and several Japanese users are in the same situation.

I hope the manufacturer will take action.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Very interesting, mionorz; double-byte characters is a new one to me. I hope Mike and Victor can solve this soon.
opeth

Post by opeth »

mionorz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:57 am Hello, everyone.
I'm aware of this problem and have filed a bug report on the forums.

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=33938

I'm a Japanese MOHO user and several Japanese users are in the same situation.

I hope the manufacturer will take action.
Hmmm we also use i, ö ,ü charcters for folders and files name. But All the filenames I tried for moho 13.5 are in English characters . But a lot of file and folder names with letters such as i, ö, ü are available on my computer.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, that's what we're talking about. Many programs will fail if 'illegal' characters are used in path and filenames. Some programs don't even like to see a space used within a name. It's good practice to avoid this.

Every place I've worked at doesn't allow this because it can cause problems, if not with the animation software, then possibly with the render controller, and especially in environments where mixed operating systems are used (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)

That said, I'm not sure why 13.0 allows it on your network but 13.5 does not.

I would still get in touch with Moho's developers. They are better equipped to answer this question, and they may want to know so they can improve how Moho handles this situation.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:28 am Yes, that's what we're talking about. Many programs will fail if 'illegal' characters are used in path and filenames. Some programs don't even like to see a space used within a name. It's good practice to avoid this.

Every place I've worked at doesn't allow this because it can cause problems, if not with the animation software, then possibly with the render controller, and especially in environments where mixed operating systems are used (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)

That said, I'm not sure why 13.0 allows it on your network but 13.5 does not.
If we had received such an error before, of course, we would have fixed it by revising it. But there is no such error, including version 13.02. Unfortunately, we could not use the new version when it appeared out of nowhere. Can you please create a record for this error to Lost Marble .?
mionorz

Post by mionorz »

I have never seen this phenomenon before 13.2, even going back to version 5.

However, when MOHO crashed in 13.2, there was a corruption of references to image files.

It may be that the Smith Micro development team missed something when making this improvement to the update they added in version 13.2, or it may be that they removed a necessary component.

In any case, we hope this issue will be fixed soon.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sure, I can submit this issue to the internal bug tracker tonight, and I'll include a link to this thread.

You may still need to provide them with an example of the paths you're using so they know where the problem is.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 am Sure, I can submit this issue to the internal bug tracker tonight, and I'll include a link to this thread.

You may still need to provide them with an example of the paths you're using so they know where the problem is.
Thank you very much for your attention and for spending so many hours on this problem. We love Moho and believe it, we want it to be the best :D
Onionskin

Post by Onionskin »

I have that issue too with one picture and I solve it like this.

Try to do this: open that picture in the some photo editing software (I made this with Photoshop, MS Paint works also), and save again, than drag the picture again into the 13.5, and It should work