moho13.5 coming soon? What's the date

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sang820

Re: moho13.5 coming soon? What's the date

Post by sang820 »

DK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:01 am 图像很好。 我看到您的观点在唱,必须同意,但我认为,(我可能是错的),但是这个新徽标的想法可能是完全摆脱旧的联系并重新开始吗?

The images are is fine. I see your points sang and must agree but I think, (and I could be wrong ), the idea of this new logo could be to completely break away from old ties and start a fresh?

Cheers
D.K
:shock: Yes, ‘’a new beginning’. Out of emotion, not business considerations. This may be Mike’s strategy, but "influence" does not distinguish between old and new, and "influence" is the sum of old and new. Mike wants to "start from 0", obviously more money, more time, and accumulation of influence. I love Moho because she has been with me for 20 years. But not everyone who saw her thought so. :cry:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, when I first added the text, I had offset it more to the right and it looked like 'Mooho'.

But cows are more of a TVPaint thing.

(Or if your a LightWave 3D user...)

But cows are more of a LightWave thing.

(Users of either program will get it.) :D
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Looking forward to the update. I just rebuild a new computer and deactivate the old and activate the new into the new machine. Lo and behold the new machine does nothing better than the old machine as it has a 4 thread core limits. I'm sure some of you have a 6-12 core machine also found out the limitation. In downloading and activating I went to the site and its gone, also finding that we have a new owner. That I am extremely happy and have full faith that this will be awesome. Victor has my full support!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Just playing.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

No, wouldn't do that. I was immediately reading it as "WHO". Just don't touch it.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I like the new logo! The forum layout could use some extra whitespace above the logo though. 😊
Penny

Post by Penny »

As a graphic designer, i have to say that i like the idea for the new logo, but it appears more like a draft now. I agree with Sang considerations. The old logo is much more effective in terms of design. The tilted angle unbalance the shape, and the gradient just doesn't work here (generally it's hard to make them do, common problems are amateur-stock logo appearance and weak identity). I would probably try to keep the two old distinct colors, one for the path e one for the ball and use the golden rule circles to design it well balanced.
Anyway, it's good to know that things are moving.
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Well.... The new Logo is now on Moho Animation social media profiles (FB, Twitter, Insta, YouTube ...) - so I think it is here to stay for a little while at least.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

The new logo is a great move but, to me, it still does not look ready to bear the weight of this excellent program. Let alone the weight of the competition.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

As someone who has been involved in the creation of a business logo, I know it can be a mind numbing process, with likely dozens (if not hundreds) of iterations and days/weeks of discussion. In the end, it's difficult to reach a perfect consensus. With that said, I do like the new logo. In retrospect, the old logo looks a bit bulky and dated.

For me, the largest competitor to Moho is Animate, and I'm not really sure if you can even consider a capital A and lowercase N a logo.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

slowtiger wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 am No, wouldn't do that. I was immediately reading it as "WHO". Just don't touch it.
Wasn't a serious suggestion.

I think the new logo works best as a standalone logo/icon, as it's being used on social media.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok, let's end this debate...

Cats make everything better.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Still just playing around.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's fun!
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

^ That is a very nice addition.
alanthebox wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm For me, the largest competitor to Moho is Animate, and I'm not really sure if you can even consider a capital A and lowercase N a logo.
That particular 'An' is just a brand applied on two letters and background. That brand is developed to such extents so it works on just 2 letters and a rectangle with bordure.
Once you have the audience hooked upon a brand - the sky is the limit since people tend to get used to a lot of otherwise ridiculous things (as in your example).

I find the idea behind the logo excellent, just not 'developed to such extents' as mentioned above. In short: raw or polished - a diamond is a diamond.
I'm fond of debates and exchange of arguments hence all of my writing.