Moho Plans

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

catwrestler

Re: Moho Plans

Post by catwrestler »

I am fricken elated, blown away, that this has happened!!! I am stoked for 13.5. thank you. :mrgreen:
aongus

Post by aongus »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 pm Hello, everyone
Thank you very much for the support and the nice messages we have received during all these months.
We are working hard on version 13.5 and so far it's working very well.
Great news, thanks for the update!
pihms

Post by pihms »

Thanks Victor for the update! That's really all I was looking for, just that things are being worked on and news will be coming in the near future. I'm a huge fan of the software and anxious to see new things to come. I believe that with you and Mike at the helm the great software will only get better.
Spindleshadow

Post by Spindleshadow »

Just hopping in here to see how things were progressing. After a lot of back-and-forths, I've started seriously looking at animation software and have read over this thread. I see that there is some development going on and it looks as though a new version is coming out at some point. Are there any further updates as to when this will happen? The only thing that I am questioning is the paid update vs a paid upgrade ownership. Is the model going forward one where the updates are a paid thing?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Spindleshadow wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:44 amAre there any further updates as to when this will happen?
As Victor mentioned, it's been "delayed a few weeks". So, possibly within the next 2 to 6 weeks? Any longer and I think he would have said "months".
The only thing that I am questioning is the paid update vs a paid upgrade ownership. Is the model going forward one where the updates are a paid thing?
It don't think 13.5 will be a paid update, but that's a good question.

In the 8 years I've been actively using Moho, there has only been one paid 'point.x' update and that was 9.5. From what I recall, it was $50, and well worth it for me because that was the one that got me taking Moho seriously and it helped broaden my job opportunities. Since then, only 'point.0' upgrades have been paid, which is pretty standard.

That said, I'm not an official LM rep, so read this post with a grain of salt. :)
davidcoughlan

Post by davidcoughlan »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:37 am It don't think 13.5 will be a paid update, but that's a good question.
Would be great to get clarity on this as I'm wondering whether it would be better to purchase 13 now (and not install until the 13.5 update -- thanks for the warning, Greenlaw!), or if there'll be some kind of sale when 13.5 comes out.
arglborps

Post by arglborps »

I personally would be happy to shell out some money for the update this time around, just to support the new/old owners of Moho.
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Hello,

I'm very happy to hear that Moho returned "home". I'm trying to buy v.13 from mohoanimation.com, but the site always gives error message. Is it because of the "transition period" or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Best wishes,

LG
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

teotoon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:26 pm I'm very happy to hear that Moho returned "home". I'm trying to buy v.13 from mohoanimation.com, but the site always gives error message. Is it because of the "transition period" or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Thanks, teotoon. The page shouldn't present any issues.
Can you try with a different browser? Also, please send me the details of the issues you are having to victor at lostmarble.
Thanks!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I can verify mohoanimation.com problems on Firefox 86. When I hit "Secure checkout" I get this error page:
HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

Type Status Report

Message Bad Request

Description The server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).
Apache Tomcat/7.0.94
It seems to work in Opera 74.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm able to reach the 'Secure Checkout By FastSpring' payment popup window in FireFox (85.0.2) on Win without error. Chrome (89.0.4389.82) seems fine too.

I only went as far as this payment window though; didn't try clicking the Pay button for obvious reasons.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I tried disabling the popup blocker in Firefox, but that didn't help.

Works fine in MS Edge 89 too.
Kingrunner

Post by Kingrunner »

Just purchased. Worked with Firefox but had to disable noscript addon to allow the transaction to go through.

-Royce
Spindleshadow

Post by Spindleshadow »

davidcoughlan wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:48 am I don't think 13.5 will be a paid update, but that's a good question.
...and one that I hope can be answered. I've got several applications that have different ownership models. HitFilm Pro is a 1-year free update/paid after that. It's not bad considering how powerful HitFilm is, and I've yet to upgrade to the next version in two years. I also own the Affinity Suite of software, one-time price, free updates until the major version change. So far, it's been the most cost-effective of my investments. Knowing the ownership model is just a small part of the decision process though, just nice to know the first-time purchase price and cost to upgrade as well for budgeting purposes. I'm a huge fan of vector workflow so, MOHO already has my interest. I'd love to see that "Hide Edge" function in other vector applications.

I'll just keep messing with the trial until something comes out.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I use MOHO12.5 and unfortunately also bought the **upgrade** to MOHO13. I'm hoping the LUA script engine will be updated run things properly again.
Some of my very useful "MYND" scripts do absolutely nothing in MOHO13 but incredibly, the brilliant and useful "Mix Smartbones" script just crashes MOHO13 to desktop on Win10 when you click the tool icon.
I uninstalled MOHO13 it was so bad.

Looking forward to the new MOHO eagerly!
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk