Moho Plans

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

Re: Moho Plans

Post by dueyftw »

pihms wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:03 pm I haven't heard anymore on the updates, development, and futures recently for Moho, though a lot of great ideas floating out there. I would really like to hear from the Moho team. I can see Moho taking on the top animation programs in the competitive market with some additions and slight changes.
For legal reasons some of us here on the forum have signed this thing called an NDA. So that's why you don't hear anything from anyone including Mike or Victor or the Beta team.

Dale
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

dueyftw wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:59 pm For legal reasons some of us here on the forum have signed this thing called an NDA. So that's why you don't hear anything from anyone including Mike or Victor or the Beta team.
Thanks for this insight.
It explains much.
Cheers
Shanty
chucky

Post by chucky »

Surely Mike and Victor can say what they like, if they agree to release the info.
The NDA is different for different Teams, I would think.
Certainly those in beta would have to keep a lid on it. :mrgreen:
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

chucky wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:36 am Surely Mike and Victor can say what they like, if they agree to release the info.
The NDA is different for different Teams, I would think.
Certainly those in beta would have to keep a lid on it. :mrgreen:
The problem is that any news before software is released can cause problems. If I say I have an animation program that can do animation with one button and everyone stops buying other software. Then the one button animation doesn't work the other software companies and customers can sue me.

Dale
chucky

Post by chucky »

I can't wait for your app to come out Dale ( make animation button!), sounds awesome! :D :mrgreen:
Last edited by chucky on Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Hopefully there will be some sort of Official update soon. Even if it is to tell us to keep waiting... and waiting... and wai...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It's only two months since the new owners took over. Eryone familiar with coding knows how difficult it is to find your way through other's code, lest alone find and correct all bugs.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
aongus

Post by aongus »

slowtiger wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 am It's only two months since the new owners took over. Eryone familiar with coding knows how difficult it is to find your way through other's code, lest alone find and correct all bugs.
Agreed -- two months is a very short period of time for a project like this. Victor has provided a clear (to me) roadmap in the first post of this thread.

Apart from releasing v13.5, Lost Marble will be building a new web presence. It so happens I once worked on an ecommerce site for a small local retailer. Finalising the design, setting up a content management system and establishing payment systems with financial institutions took a lot longer than 2 months -- longer than six, in fact!

From a marketing perspective, it would seem to make sense to postpone any further announcements until close to the release date.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Yeah but they said 13.5 would be ready by mid-march 2021 in that post. That's a pretty accurate release date. I would totally understand if they take more time, and I assume we all want a well polished release. But if they are not going to be close to that release date, I would appreciate some update on the estimated date, even if it is not a commitment.
chucky

Post by chucky »

We know there's dev, the original creator who knows Moho inside out.
It's no small feet wrangling a property like this, organising it all etc.
Plus...
We also know this for sure...
Our plan is to address the most pressing of Moho 13’s issues and release Moho 13.5 to support common/popular macOS’ and Windows OS’ in mid-March 2021. We also plan on including new and improved features, in the way you were previously accustomed to with every major release of Moho. As usual, these features will improve your animation workflow, create efficiencies and bring some of the magic back to Moho!
This is just a guess, but I imagine that hearing nothing means they're busting it out, which is really positive.

New and improved features.
Mid March.
:D :D

In a point update.
Are you excited yet? 8)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think we'll hear something soon about the next release, even if it's only that the update is still in the works. Considering that, in addition to Moho development work, Mike and Victor have been busy setting up a new company and building a web presence these past 2 months, I would not be surprised if there is a delay.

Having personally met and collaborated with Mike and Victor in the past, I know these guys have great ideas for Moho, and I'm confident that Moho 13.5 will be worth the wait. As they say, patience has its reward.

In the meantime, we have a stable and excellent Moho 12.5 to keep us busy. Instead of waiting, I'm going make animations with it. 😺
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

chucky wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:20 am I can't wait for your app to come out Dale ( make animation button!), sounds awesome! :D :mrgreen:
Sorry, It might never come out to the public, Ah... you see I've been contacted by Micro Soft and they appeared to be interested in it. :mrgreen:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hello, everyone
Thank you very much for the support and the nice messages we have received during all these months.
We are working hard on version 13.5 and so far it's working very well.
The beta version is already running in Big Sur, there are lots of internal improvements to the code and even a few exciting new features I'm sure you will like.
Sadly, we won't be able to release this version in mid-March, as we originally planned.
We are a new company and want Moho to start fresh, but some details -mostly unrelated to the software itself- are taking a bit longer than expected.
We are in a good position right now and this delay will be only a few weeks.
We apologize for this and hope you understand.
There will be more news soon. We are eager to show you what we have been working on!

Thanks again,
The Lost Marble team
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 pm The beta version is already running in Big Sur, there are lots of internal improvements to the code and even a few exciting new features I'm sure you will like.

That's pretty amazing actually!
Thank you.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 pm ...
We apologize for this and hope you understand.
There will be more news soon. We are eager to show you what we have been working on!
Very exciting news. Very grateful for the update. Looking forward to the release with googly eyes and great anticipation.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam