my second video designed with moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sparten

my second video designed with moho

Post by sparten »

hi all
this is my second video designed with moho

https://youtu.be/sobakrt-nss

I hope you share with me your view about this video
slowtiger

Re: my second video designed with moho

Post by slowtiger »

Wow. That's pretty impressive already. The overall look is nice, I like that the characters share the same style with the background. The acting is good, arm movements are limited, but put to good use. You have avoided the effect of frozen characters when they're not talking. I'm interested in the characters, which is a good sign, the design is good, the head turns quite convincing. The overall timing is lively.

Now the "improvement part":
You shouldn't do squash and stretch on a head. Never. The head is a rigid body, it doesn't change shape. You can turn it, let it nod or shake or tilt it, but never change shape or size. (Only exception is for a comic take, but even that doesn't really fit in your style).

The same is true for the body: your characters change size all the time which is unnatural. Instead of this you should change body position: crouched down and straighten up, turn the body, stretch legs or bend knees.

The walk of both characters is not connected to the ground (the feet are slipping), and it has no weight. Have a look at some reference material, like this excerpt from Richard Willams here https://bridgetharveyani210.wordpress.c ... vival-kit/.

The left character could do with better mouth movement, and there's some irritating blink in the mouth - a loose tooth? The right one is OK, but I notice there's no "o" shape. The lip sync could be improved.

I find the left character's voice irritating, it's the voice of a much older man. The recording could be better, I miss background noises, since this is a street scene. (A simple way to achieve this is to record the voices on a balcony or a backyard.)

The characters do not blink, nor do they move their eyebrows. This is both unnatural and a waste of acting possibilities (not too much - it's like spices in cooking: don't overdo it). The eye movements are a bit too smooth, but it fits with the style.

So, it's already pretty good work. Keep it up!
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
sparten

Post by sparten »

slowtiger wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:22 am

Now the "improvement part":
You shouldn't do squash and stretch on a head. Never. The head is a rigid body, it doesn't change shape.

The same is true for the body Instead of this you should change body position:
crouched down and straighten up,
turn the body,
stretch legs or bend knees.

The walk of both characters is not connected to the ground (the feet are slipping), and it has no weight. Have a look at some reference material, like this excerpt from Richard Willams here https://bridgetharveyani210.wordpress.c ... vival-kit/.

The left character could do with better mouth movement, and there's some irritating blink in the mouth - a loose tooth? The right one is OK, but I notice there's no "o" shape. The lip sync could be improved.

I find the left character's voice irritating, it's the voice of a much older man. The recording could be better,
I miss background noises, since this is a street scene. (A simple way to achieve this is to record the voices on a balcony or a backyard.)

The characters do not blink, nor do they move their eyebrows. This is both unnatural and a waste of acting possibilities (not too much - it's like spices in cooking: don't overdo it). The eye movements are a bit too smooth, but it fits with the style.

So, it's already pretty good work. Keep it up!

thank you so much slowtiger for telling me which is bad about my design this is why I shared my video here to find prof designers like you can give some notice and advises for my second drawing and animating .you are useful man (Y)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

This is sage advice. Thanks to you both.
sparten

Post by sparten »

neeters_guy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:47 am This is sage advice. Thanks to you both.
yeah . there is many prof in cartoon making like mr slowtiger and greenlaw here can give us advises . I wish to see other prof here can support us like mr slowtiger with good advises . this is how we can learn cartoon making