Beggener's Help

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

BinaryBriton

Beggener's Help

Post by BinaryBriton »

HI!
I have just recived Moho and have NO clue on how to use it, any good places and tutorials for me to learn from?

:?:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Moho comes with a set of tutorials -- access them by clicking on "HELP".
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
maggie

Beggener's Help

Post by maggie »

I have had Moho for about three weeks now. Go to 'help' get at the tutorials and user manual. THEN..... print out the whole lot. It's the only way. Make sure you have plenty of paper and ink. There's loads of it. THEN follow it repeatedly.... till you're sick of it. You will then begin to 'get it'. Sometime ago I downloaded a free program from TOONBoom- same as you- couldn 't understand a thing. It remains 'untouched' - I prefer Moho. Good luck. Your steep learning curve will be worth it! :wink:
BinaryBriton

Post by BinaryBriton »

Also I couldnot find a shortcut key list under help. Anyone know? for example what is the shotcut for new keyframe?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI! :) In the manual, go to Appendix --> Moho Sortcuts and you'll see some of they, the others like the ones for menu entries and tools selection (although I remember there was a list in some place here) you can get'm easily beside the same menus entries and holding the cursor over the tool you want to know respectively... And yes, this last shotcuts (even the others, but that is another story) can be customized if you modify the "_tool_list.txt" file inside (usually) "C:\Program Files\Moho\scripts\tool" ...ENJOY! :D

PS: ...and BTW, there isn't an "add keyframe" shortcut actually (as far as I know), so go to the Animation Channel and frame where you want add it and click RMB to select "Add Keyframe" in the contextual menu :arrow: ...THE END
BinaryBriton

Post by BinaryBriton »

THANKS!

Speedy 2!

Also what about importing Papagayo files?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...BINGO! :D Thanks to the forum search feature (you know :wink:) and Myles 8) here you have it: -->SHORTCUTS<--
BinaryBriton

Post by BinaryBriton »

Thanks!
Thats really helpful.

Ok i made my first animation (crappy) but there is a problem i want to render it out but everytime i try to do that it only selects some of the keyfrmaes when there is more how can i fix that, also when i try to render it out in jpeg it just makes alot of pictures everywhere
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you don't have the key frames selected in your animation timeline, then when you export animation set the start and end frames.

This is also where you would set just one frame to render if you want a still as a JPEG.

If you export animation as JPG it creates a numbered sequence of JPG files for each frame of the animation. If you need this make sure you have a folder to save them into so they don't get dumped "all over the place".

If you don't want image sequences you should choose a video format like AVI or QT.

-Vern
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

The default length of a new project is 72 frames (usually 3 seconds).

To extend this, go to File-Project Settings and specify a new end frame. Or for a handy shortcut, just Alt-Click on the timeline to set your new end point.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
myles

Post by myles »

Re: Shortcut keys.
Ramón López wrote:...BINGO! :D Thanks to the forum search feature (you know :wink:) and Myles 8) here you have it: -->SHORTCUTS<--
That list (originally extracted from Moho 5.0, or possibly even one of the version 5 betas) is now a little out-of-date - Ctrl-J now does output-only view, Ctrl-[ does the timeline window, Ctrl-] does the style window, and Ctrl-K does the actions Window. Ctrl-H now seems to be free.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx