License question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dazza101

License question

Post by dazza101 »

I haven't been very active the last couple of years, but I recently had a hard drive crash and had to re-install my old copy of v11. The trouble is the license is not being accepted, as I am being informed that I have to deactivate my previous copy on my old hard drive in order for the serial number to work. The Smith Micro website wasn't too much help, so I wonder if anyone has any suggestions? Obviously I can't de-activate my previous copy, as the hard drive is dead. Not sure where to go for help with the new (and very welcome) changes in ownership.

Thanks for any advice!

cheers
Darryl
Greenlaw

Re: License question

Post by Greenlaw »

Normally, you would go to the License Manager page and deactivate Moho from there. Here's the link:

https://pgportal.smithmicro.com/

The page currently only mentions Moho 13 but I believe it actually supports Moho back to version 11. FWIW, I looked at my account there a few weeks ago and I still saw my old ASP 11 activations.

But...I think if you download the very latest installer for ASP 11, you can activate without dependency on the license server. Naturally, you still need a legitimate license to activate it.

The download link is here:

https://my.smithmicro.com/forum.html

Click on the heading for Moho 12/Anime Studio to reveal the links for ASP 10, 11, and Moho 12. Good luck!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Thank you, I will try and download the latest installer and see how it goes. I did log in to the License Manager, but none of my purchases were listed, hence the question. I hadn't thought about the latest version of v11 being free of the license manager, so I will give it a go and report back. Thanks again!
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Downloading the last version of v11 seems to have worked. The serial number was accepted and the program is running again. Thank you so much!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Fantastic! Glad to hear that worked for you, and also thanks for confirming it does work. :)
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I just had to do the same thing here. Scary.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Yes, it was weird for me too, as it seemed to install correctly when I re-installed it the first time. But I did use my backed up version of the software and didn't download the last version released, so it may have run into the problem that the license server no longer works for older versions of the software. Fingers crossed it keeps working :)
uncle808us wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 am I just had to do the same thing here. Scary.