Mr Wonderful (Music Video - Political Satire)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sidsquid

Mr Wonderful (Music Video - Political Satire)

Post by sidsquid »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJiwgJQ ... e=youtu.be

This is my third animation with Moho 12 Pro.
WARNING: it's political satire, so please don't watch it if you are likely to be offended by taking the piss out of US politics.

This video hopefully shows that I'm starting to figure out how to incorporate some of the classic principles of animation into my Moho cutout animations - the goal was to make it more fluid, less stiff, than my previous two - I suspect this will be a lifelong journey!

Constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks to all - this forum has helped bigly
alanthebox

Re: Mr Wonderful (Music Video - Political Satire)

Post by alanthebox »

I think this had some really nice movement (particularly liked the fake champagne guy, Dr. Fauci, Mr. Wonderful's front running view, and Superman). I'm curious, did you make this linearly? I got the impression that things got more advanced as the cartoon went on.
sidsquid

Re: Mr Wonderful (Music Video - Political Satire)

Post by sidsquid »

alanthebox wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:53 pm I think this had some really nice movement (particularly liked the fake champagne guy, Dr. Fauci, Mr. Wonderful's front running view, and Superman). I'm curious, did you make this linearly? I got the impression that things got more advanced as the cartoon went on.
Thanks for watching and your kind feedback!

I don't think I made it linearly - after making a storyboard, building and rigging the characters, I kinda dived into random segments of the animation (the first sequence I did was the one on the golf course), iterating through them and tweaking them until I was happy . But it's interesting that you thought things got more advanced as the cartoon went on - maybe I was subconsciously becoming more aware of, and confident in how to pull off complicated things with Moho as I progressed and looking back at it today I can see what you mean.

Thanks again, happy animating, look forward to seeing your work.
Cheers