HELP! Can't Run Moho 12.5 on Windows 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

anim8ortim@yahoo.com

HELP! Can't Run Moho 12.5 on Windows 10

Post by anim8ortim@yahoo.com »

HELP! Moho 12.5 won't run on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Can't get it to initialize. Any help would be appreciated. Anyone else have this issue?

The task manager shows that Moho is running but it's not showing up.
Greenlaw

Re: HELP! Can't Run Moho 12.5 on Windows 10

Post by Greenlaw »

Do you have an AMD Ryzen processor? Another user reported a similar problem a few weeks ago and that was one of the differences between my system where Moho 12.5 runs on Win 10. We're not sure that was the cause but if you have a similar setup, I can pass this info onto the devs.

Here's the other thread on the subject: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... &t=3327913
anim8ortim@yahoo.com

Greenlaw,

Thanks for replying. I'm currently running Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 core) with a ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) motherboard and a GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB graphics card.

It was running a couple months ago and then just stopped.

I have tried everything I can think of, Uninstalling, Re Installing, running as Admin, nothing. I'm Very frustrated. I have a possible job opportunity that Moho would be ideal for, but if I can't get it to work I'll have to fall back on another animation program.

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh. That's unfortunate. I hope you can get it running soon.

In the meantime, I'll pass this info to the devs. I know they're focused on Moho 13 and they may not have the bandwidth to revisit 12.5, but maybe if it's a simple fix? Fingers crossed.

FWIW, Moho 12.5 runs well on my laptop (Xeon), my workstation at home (i7), and on my workstation at work (Xeon), all running Windows 10. Hopefully, the devs have some newer systems to test with.
perihelion74

Post by perihelion74 »

Hey, sounds exactly like the issue I had. I sadly couldnt get it to work so I tried the demo of Moho 13 and that worked so I had to upgrade...

Can anyone get Moho 12 to work with a CPU with more than 6 cores?

/M
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't think the number of cores has anything to do with it. The computers we have at work are very beefy and Moho 12.5 runs fine on it. (Sorry, I don't have the machine specs handy but I can find out Monday.)

That said, I think the Moho 12.5 just ignores anything above 4 or 5. I know the devs are working to support more cores in a future release of Moho but I'm not sure what the status is.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Try making sure you're running Moho 12 on your dedicated graphics card, rather than integrated. Try running in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Or maybe try troubleshoot compatibility in Windows.
anim8ortim@yahoo.com

Synthsin75,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I've tried running the compatibility mode and tried opening it for Windows 8 and still it won't open. I'm totally baffled with this one. All my other animation programs work fine, it's just Moho. Very frustrating.