Quick settings, and multi layers.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Quick settings, and multi layers.

Post by eric1223 »

I posted this to the support, but I don't think they understood what I mean, so I'll try here.

When selecting multiple layers, and when u try to apply quick setting to them (like Fill), it doesn't work as intended. It only applies quick settings to the selected layer.

From my understanding, it's supposed to apply the quick settings to all of the layers that you select because next to the apply button, it says "Apply changes to all selected layers:"

I understand that it's only for display, but I was originally was trying to show paths for selected layers to help with bone placements.

This is for version 13.
Greenlaw

Re: Quick settings, and multi layers.

Post by Greenlaw »

It's working here in Moho 13 for me.

Here's how I tested:

1. Created a vector rectangle
2. Duplicated the layer multiple times
3. Offset each layer so I can see each rectangle
4. Selected all the layers
5. Right-clicked on any selected layer to reveal the Quick Settings... command
6. Selected Quick Settings..., unchecked Fill and clicked Apply

All the boxes/layers became unfilled. Then I re-checked Fill and all the boxes/layers became filled. The Strokes option worked the same.

This is not happening for you? Which build are you using, which OS?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

that "bug" has bitten me many times -- selecting a layer, opening up layer settings, then remembering / realising that I need to change other layers and selecting them leads to the behaviour in the OP.

The workflow in Greenlaw's post (i.e. don't open the settings until all the layers are selected) works!
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Thanks for that! right clicking will make this easier. I see what's going on here. I was using the arrow that points down in the layers to open the quick settings. If I didn't hold shift while clicking the arrow, then it would deselect everything else. I didn't see that because I would select from bottom to top.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, right-clicking is much faster. As a matter of fact, I removed the 'Quick Settings' column from my Moho because it's kinda redundant and I'd rather use the space in the Layers window for other things.

FWIW, I posted a video a few months ago with this and other optimization tips here: https://vimeo.com/335696360
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm Yeah, right-clicking is much faster. As a matter of fact, I removed the 'Quick Settings' column from my Moho because it's kinda redundant and I'd rather use the space in the Layers window for other things.

FWIW, I posted a video a few months ago with this and other optimization tips here: https://vimeo.com/335696360
My set up is pretty much the same as yours! Well, except getting rid of the quick save feature, and the colored bones on the time line, which is a good idea. Gonna have to use that =)

If you haven't done this already, I recommend turning "consolidate Layer Channels" into a shortcut for when you have edit multi layers. It makes selecting layers much easier. The only time it won't work as expected is if you try to copy consolidated layers from layer 0. Instead of just copying they layers you've used, it copys about every single channel that exists in that layer.It's best to do it the old fashioned way at frame zero, but from frame 1 onward, it works fine.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind. :)
Chilton

Post by Chilton »

How exactly do you consolidate layer channels btw?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Under the Animation menu there's a global command for this. This toggle-command collapses everything in the Timeline.

Also...in the Timeline, right-click on an icon in the far left and you'll see a layer command for it.

Despite having similar names, these two commands are not used the same way so don't confuse them.

Hope this helps.