Z position auto resize question.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

uncle808us

Z position auto resize question.

Post by uncle808us »

When I use the alt+shift drag to auto size during Z positioning there is no read out so how do I place something precisely? If I can't see where it is going? I know I can see it in the workspace {orbit} but still no read out in the top Z position.
thanks Mac user MoHo 11.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
Greenlaw

Re: Z position auto resize question.

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree about the lack of precise data feedback, I wish Moho's was more responsive there. I'm guessing Moho suspends the numerical update to ensure maximum interactivity in the Workspace but in cases like this, users should have the option to prioritize what's interactive.

The best I can suggest is to first create a layer with a large rectangle in it and position that at the depth you want. Then open a second Workspace view and set that to an orbit view. Now you can use Shift-Alt to push the artwork layer in the first view and line it up with the 'guide' layer in the second view. It's still annoying because you won't get an interactive update in the second view either, and you'll need to do multiple pushes in small increments until you get the layer where it needs to be. When you have your layers aligned, you can hide or delete the second layer.

Here's a visual:

Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This reminds me, I also wish Moho supported multiple cameras and the option for orthographic view. If we can't have full interactivity or options for it, having at least a mode for orthographic view would help here a lot.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thank you I always appreciate your help.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com