Line shaper.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Line shaper.

Post by eric1223 »

You know how we can use the sketch bone tool for the bone layer and shape it accordingly? What if we could do this with the vector lines. Reshaping could be easier, especially with the freehand tool, which I often use!

Edit:

Here is an extension of the idea. I didn't have enough time to post earlier.

●You have to pick a point to start from, and design your line. Once you remove your pen, or mouse button, the line reshape is made without having to make a new shape.
● It adds no additional points. All it does is modify the curvature, and locations of the points.
● 2 ways of doing this. Either "automatic" (Moho tries its best to guess which points u want to modify), or manual ( you have to pick which points you want to reshape).
Last edited by eric1223 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Line shaper.

Post by synthsin75 »

There's a replace line tool somewhere on the forum.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:52 pm There's a replace line tool somewhere on the forum.

Huh. Thanks 4 that. Thats really good to know!
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

I just found it, http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3507 but it doesn't work. The lua console pops up with some text inside. It's all good though, because If I wasn't looking for this one, I wouldn't have found other cool scripts that I didn't think I wanted
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's the updated replace line script. Don't have time to sort out the preview stroke though.

https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

eric1223 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:48 pm You know how we can use the sketch bone tool for the bone layer and shape it accordingly? What if we could do this with the vector lines. Reshaping could be easier, especially with the freehand tool, which I often use!
I like to use the Magnet tool to reshape vector lines.

Magnet tool works great for completely reshaping a character's facial features too, like when you need to create new mouth shapes or want to animate the eyebrows. It's one of my favorite tools in Moho for animating vector art.

A while back on Boss Baby: Back In Business, I experimented with using Sketch Bones to animate eyebrows by 'drawing over' the bone chains. This was really cool to demonstrate to the other animators on my team, but in practice it was easier to just re-shape the vectors using the Magnet tool.

Sketch Bones is still the best way to animate tails, long hair and rope though.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:11 pm Here's the updated replace line script. Don't have time to sort out the preview stroke though.

https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1
Thanks again Synth! I just been messing around with it, and found out how I can use this. Even if you didn't, I appreciate that u posted this updated version .
Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:56 am
eric1223 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:48 pm You know how we can use the sketch bone tool for the bone layer and shape it accordingly? What if we could do this with the vector lines. Reshaping could be easier, especially with the freehand tool, which I often use!
I like to use the Magnet tool to reshape vector lines.

Magnet tool works great for completely reshaping a character's facial features too, like when you need to create new mouth shapes or want to animate the eyebrows. It's one of my favorite tools in Moho for animating vector art.

A while back on Boss Baby: Back In Business, I experimented with using Sketch Bones to animate eyebrows by 'drawing over' the bone chains. This was really cool to demonstrate to the other animators on my team, but in practice it was easier to just re-shape the vectors using the Magnet tool. (Sketch Bones is still the best way to animate tails, long hair and rope though.)
Agree with you with the magnet tool! I gotta admit though, I don't use the sketch tool alot. I think the last time I used it was far a really long ponytail. It turned out being 4 bones I think.